Monday, October 25, 2010

Shrooms & Cheese

It's Monday again... already???  Well, since I'm eating solo again on this lovely Monday... I'm doing another lazy "recipe" for dinner.  This sandwich was inspired by one of my favorite Aggieville eating establishments: Hibachi Hut!  They have a tasty grilled cheese & shrooms on the menu that goes really well with a side of tots. :)

Grilly Cheese & Shrooms

Ingredients
  • Mushrooms (I LOVE baby bellas)
  • Cheese (cheddar here)
  • Bread
  • Butter
Method
  • Saute shrooms in a pan.  I sauteed mine in olive oil with some minced garlic. 
  • Heat grill pan to medium high.  Butter bread, slap on some cheese, add the shrooms... you know how to make a grilly cheese, right?
  • Cook until golden brown on both sides. 
  • Eat up.  Yum!

Grillin'
I think I cook mushrooms wrong.  I realized this when I was reading Julie & Julia and she had an epiphany that she'd been cooking mushrooms wrong all her life... I guess I do too, but I'm not all that worried about it.

Shroomy.
This sammy goes nicely with tomato soup or a monster salad... just like a plain ol' grilled cheese.

Eat up.
I always love a grilled sammy, but plain old cheese can be a bit boring.  Drew loves his turkey sandwich grilled up.  Grilled tomato & cheese is another favorite.  I hear Jen Lancaster likes sliced apples on her grilled sammies.  Sounds good to me.

I hope I've inspired you to spice up your grilled cheese!

Happy {meatless} Monday!

1 comment:

Lauren Grier said...

That shroom sandwhich looks tasty:) I actually might make that for dinner tonight...it's cold here!