Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nutella My Love

I've gotten so wrapped up with my pumpkin obsession this fall that I have completely forgotten to tell you about my brand new chocolately obsession:  Nutella.  I blame those dang commercials where the mom serves up this "wholesome" breakfast of toast smeared with Nutella.  Ummm... there are more calories in there than peanut butter with none of the protein.  Plus mucho sugar.  Lots and lots of delicious sugar.

There are lots of ways to eat Nutella:  on toast, on pancakes, spread on fruit, on top of ice cream.  My favorite way is with a spoon.  But I also like it baked into cookies!!! 

Oh my, what big sprinkles you have! 
I have been hanging onto this recipe for so long that I really have no idea where it came from.  I have a bad habit of printing recipes off and then never making them.  I'm so so glad I pulled this one out finally.

Nutella Love Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Purple sprinkles
  • Hershey Kisses or chocolate chips
Method
  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Set aside.
  • In another bowl, place Nutella, butter, and sugars.  Cream with a hand mixer for 3 minutes.
  • Add the egg and vanilla.  Blend until combined.  Stir in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
  • Scoop by tablespoon-ful onto a cookie sheet.  Bake for 11 minutes.
  • Cool on a wire rack.
  • Melt chocolate (I mixed in some Nutella too) and spread onto cooled cookies.  Sprinkle with purple sprinkles. 
The better to love you with my dear.

These were good.  I ate a lot.  A whole lot.  Note:  sprinkles must be purple.  So naturally these make great tailgate cookies for K-State Football games. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going to the K-state game on the 30th. Will you be there?!

Jamie said...

Yes!!! Are you bringing the boys?!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we'll be there with the boys! Unfortunately we will also be there with the in-laws, but oh well. We would love to meet up with you sometime/somewhere! Email me your phone number and maybe we can get together! My email is sarahdechant@hotmail.com