Yes, we lost. But that doesn't mean we didn't have an awesome time (at least before the game), and it doesn't mean we don't still have an awesome record. 4 -1 is pretty good... in my book anyway.
We headed to Manhattan early. We did some serious tailgating. The highlight of the day season was meeting Michael Bishop. Cheryl brought a TV Guide from 1997 when Bishop was on the cover. You know he was impressed. People, don't question my super-fan family.
 |
| Getting an autograph. |
 |
| Michael, please come back! |
 |
| Showing off the prize. |
 |
| Tom & Bob meet Bishop. |
Brooke and I put Bryan in charge of our picture because we felt sure he had the photog skills needed to give us a good Christmas Card pic... or at least a decent Facebook profile picture. We were sadly mistaken.
 |
| Oops. |
I told Bryan this kind of thing better not happen if we run into Britney Spears in Vegas someday. Unacceptable.
 |
| I don't know this guy, but I like his hair. |
 |
| My favorite people. |
 |
| My favorite husband. |
Kathy brought her famous "Summer Brew" but after we learned that the recipe had been tweaked, we gave the new drink a more appropriate name.
 |
| Witch's Brew. |
 |
| It kills bees. |
 |
| Bean bags are the new washers. |
 |
| It's that time again. |
 |
| Time for Jello. |
 |
| Cheers. |
 |
| To the Cats! |
 |
| Talking strategy as we head in. |
 |
| Man with big hat. |
 |
| These overalls totally beat the camo pants in awesomeness. |
 |
| FYI: this is what the sky looks like when we aren't preparing for God's wrath. |
Before the game, parachuters (from Ft. Riley maybe?) jumped from a plane and landed on the field. I'm not kidding when I say it was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. There were three: one holding an American flag, one with a K-State flag, and one with a Big 12 flag. I thought the Big 12 flag was a very nice, ever so subtle stab at Nebraska.
 |
| America, heck yeah! |
 |
| Landing on the field. |
 |
| So freaking cool. |
The game was rough. But we still had highlights. Like when our basketball boys came on the field. People, this season is shaping up to be epic. Epic.
 |
| I love you!!!!!!!!!!!! |
I had to explain that my love for these boys has changed from my college days. Back then when I said I loved Cartier Martin, I meant I
love him... like I want to have his babies. When I say I love Jacob Pullen, I mean it like I think he is an adorable young man with amazing talents and I wish all of the best things in life for him. He's just a child! I don't love him like I loved Cartier. And Hoskins. And Walker.
Anyways...
 |
| Still smiling! |
There were a ton of hilarious signs in the crowd. My favorite said, "We'd leave the Big 12 too if we couldn't beat Texas." Yeah. Take that Nebraska!
 |
| So much red. Disgusting. |
 |
| It was Bill's birthday. I wish we could have given him a birthday win. |
It would have been really nice to beat the Huskers in our last game against them
ever. That didn't happen, but life goes on. Next up: Chicken Hawks on Thursday. Let's hope we can do better.
3 comments:
So jealous that you met Mr. M.B.! The weather looked awesome in Manhattan, to bad we lost:(
My sincere apologies for the picture. It will never happen again.
Oh, and I must be the goofiest looking person ever...I can't take a good picture when I know you are taking one or even when I haven't got a clue.
Post a Comment