Tuesday, September 28, 2010

These are a Few of My Favorite Things.

Glee and Britney Spears?  Someone reached inside my head and pulled out my wildest fantasies.  I didn't really know what to expect, especially after a very much hyped GaGa episode last year that fell flat.  Those Glee-sters did not disappoint me this time!
Britney only made a few cameos, but it was still fun to see her with my fave high schoolers.  Plus, those kids totally held their own with the performances.  Here's what went down:
  • I'm a Slave For You: performed by Brittany S. Pearce.  Dang.  Brittany is giving Britney a run for her money.  Hot.
  • Me Against the Music: performed by Brittany and Santana.  It may just be me, but those gals are my favorite on the show.  Plus I LOVE this song. 
  • Hit Me Baby One More Time: performed by Rachel.  No one could have pulled this off like Rachel.  Seriously fabulous. 
  • Stronger: performed by Artie.  Okay, really?  My favorite ever Britney song and its performed by a dude?  So lame.
  • Toxic: performed by The New Directions, including Mr. Shuester.  "Fresh off their last place finish at regionals; The New Directions!"  Fabulous, but Mr. Shue made it totally awkward.  At one point a girl in the crowd yelled, "Mr. Shue let me be your Britney!"  The whole thing ended in a "Britney Spears Sex Riot".  Hilarious.
I have to wonder if kids these days even know these songs and the videos.  I mean, where do you even see music videos anymore?  Certainly not on MTV.  When I was in high school, we used to wait in anticipation for the new Britney songs to premier with "Making the Video."  I can actually remember where I was when "Lucky" was released.  Do they even make music videos anymore?  Well, regardless... I'm so happy that Glee is reintroducing Britney to a group who may not have been aware of the extensive awesomeness that is Britney Spears.

Yea Glee!  Glee kids, hooray!

2 comments:

Lauren Grier said...

Friend, I love that you are a fan of Glee! The Miz Spears episode was fantastic. Although, I would say Britney S. Pierce is a much better dancer than Rachael. Did you see her abs?!!! I definitely agree with you on the whole Artie number, major boo for having a guy do that song!

Trophy Wife said...

I actually said outloud that Brittany was a better dancer than Britney. That's tough for me to admit. :) I enjoyed it and caught myself laughing several times, perhaps I'll have to start watching...