Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Helpless

As mentioned previously today, I haven't had much time to cook lately.  And, I'm not eating meat right now.  You are probably thinking, "Oh her poor husband."  Well, you can cut that out right now.

I lack organizational skills.  I am not a type A personality.  I'm confused, and messy, and lack any kind of direction in my life.  But I am making an attempt to change all that: do everything, be everywhere, and to an extent be a good wife.  Since I haven't been doing much cooking, especially during the week, I have been trying to do some food prep every few days so that Mr. Gibson has some easy to throw together meals available.  Mainly, I cook up some form of animal to keep him happy. 

Last night I was planning a really simple dinner of taco salad; beef for him, black beans for me.  So to keep the meat-eating going on for more than one meal, I browned a pound of ground beef with some onion and garlic.  Then I halved it and added taco seasoning to half and Italian spices to the other half.  That way Mr. Gibson could have two taco-rific meals, and I could throw together some spaghetti for tonight's dinner in no time flat.  I was quite pleased with my powers of preparation.  And that taco salad was magnificent.

Then I come home today to find that Mr. Gibson has come home for lunch unexpectedly.  I walk in to find him sitting on the couch finishing off a taco salad that he prepped all by himself... with the majority of the spaghetti meat.  Umm... gross. 

I love this fool.
Mr. Gibson has been instructed to stay out of the kitchen for the remainder of his life and please never to feed himself again.  And for those of you free tonight, come on over for some good eatin.  Drew will be serving up spaghetti and taco meat.  De-lish!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ha ha, I guess thats what you get for trying to be organized and plan ahead. Seriously didn't that taste a little funny?