Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yum to the O (reo).

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes: As Seen On TV At Game Night!!!

I found this recipe while reading cat lady blogs on Skinny Runner. These mini cheesecakes are just as cute as can be and so is the gal that made them.


I halved the recipe because it makes 30, but 15 were plenty for game night. And you know I ate the rest of the oreos in the pack for dinner that night.



You have to keep them cold, but I think these would be perfect at a tailgate this fall! Who doesn't want their own cheesecake?



So yummy, so good...you know you want one!!!



For best results, serve with giant chocolate cupcakes:



In the spirit of full disclosure, these did not get the Official Drew Gibson Seal of Approval. He said "They're not my favorite" which means they're a no go. But everyone else who tried them enjoyed the creamy oreo-y goodness. My verdict: Drew's on crack. Plus, he totally ate more than one. I think he was just upset we didn't have his favorite: toast.


Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

Ingredients

  • 42 Oreos, 30 left whole & 12 coarsely chopped (I used more!)
  • 2 Pounds Cream Cheese, at room temp
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temp, slightly beaten
  • 1 Cup Sour Cream
  • Pinch of Salt

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners and place 1 whole oreo at the bottom of each cup.
  • Beat cream cheese with electric mixer at medium high until smooth. Gradually add in sugar and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
  • Add eggs slowly, beating to combine. Scrape down sides as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
  • Divide batter among lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from tins just before serving.

I halved the recipe and it made 16 mini cheesecakes. I also had to bake them a couple of minutes longer, but I think my oven runs a bit cool. Again, these are yum. Do it. Make them. You will not be sorry!!!

No comments: