Monday, August 9, 2010

Presto Pesto

My garden may not be as wildly successful as I'd hoped, but it is spitting out lots and lots of cucumbers and lots and lots of basil. Tonight I put all that lovely basil to good use with a Pesto recipe from Cooking Light. I tossed it with whole wheat rotini and topped with leftover roasted tomatoes:

Yum! I love pesto. This was super easy to mix up in the Magic Bullet, but it kind of came out a little bit pasty. I guess Cooking Light probably uses less olive oil than other recipes. It was still super tasty though.

In other garden news, I have cucumbers coming out my ears. That means this year's garden is officially kicking last year's garden in the butt. Boo-ya. Also, I think there may be a pepper growing. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, but I've never grown any vegetable other than a cucumber. So this could be major. Huge. Epic. For real, ya'll.

No comments: