Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blasty from the Past

Or... When I was a Teenage Stalker.

I'm in Wichita. It is hot here... like 108 degrees. My mom told me I have to get rid of all the stuff I still have in my room so they can turn it into a gym guest room. So, as I was going through all of my old photo albums, I thought it would be selfish to keep such great things to myself. So I'm sharing.

These are all from my senior year album. Let's start with senior pictures. Remember how important those were???


Is it just me or can you see lint all over my sweater in the above photo? Classy Jamie. Real classy.

Everyone took senior pictures with their dad, right? No? Just me? Whatevs...



These were taken before the now infamous eyebrow plucking of 2001. My poor eyebrows never grew back...



One of the more glamorous senior shots:


Wait a minute... that's not a senior picture! But dang if I don't look awesome.

I regret the choice of red nails:



Moving on. On to Homecoming! Brandy is on the far left. She was up for Homecoming court every single year we were in high school. And never ever won.


Although I had a boyfriend at the time, I chose to take a different guy to Homecoming. He's the red head in the middle:


Looking through my senior year photo album, you'd think that he was my boyfriend. Let's just say I was a major stalker / swim fan had a slight crush on him. And there are an embarrassing amount of photos of us together in this album. And there isn't a single one of my boyfriend.

Moving on to Prom:

Yep, I took him to Prom too. At the time this seemed normal, but looking back I'm guessing he was just really nice and didn't know how to let me down easy. And I don't think I did a very good job of hiding my obsession crush.

Oh. And check out my really classy dress:

If you are wondering why it looks like I'm pushing my stomach out in these pictures, it's because I am. My mom told me that I was in no way shape or form allowed to get my belly button pierced and that if I did she would not be paying for my Prom dress. So I hiked up the bottom until we left my house.

And just to make myself feel better, I wasn't the only one in a really awful two piece. It was very trendy at the time:

And here we are at the dance where I'm showing off said belly piercing:

I have to say, the belly ring gives just the right touch of class to the whole outfit. As does my date's lack of tux jacket.

In other news, I still have that exact same belly ring. I know I'm too old and it is super lame, but I like it. And I'm not taking it out. I got the ring instead of the bar because that's what Britney Spears had. Yep. Keeping it classy.

Oh, and my mom saw the piercing the very next day. So none of this is a surprise to her. It wasn't the worst thing I ever did.

Next up: Graduation!

This photo was taken at our senior breakfast. That's the infamous Nicky to my right.

Now, check out the dude to my left. My left, not your left. Does he look familiar??? Yep. That's John. He was on the Bachelorette this season and to Nicky & my great disappointment was kicked off on the first episode. We were devastated.

Formal graduation picture:

Me & Jess and the grandparents:

Jess was a sport and put on her gown and pretended to graduate so we could get lots and lots of pictures together.

The next one is a little rough. I had to rip all of these out of the album so they got a bit roughed up in the process. But this is me and Nicky after the actual graduation ceremony:


Apparently we had the same taste in sparkly eye shadow. And I liked to take long layers to the extreme. Whatevs. We were super hot. And super classy.
That seems to have been the theme for the year.

6 comments:

Kaitlin said...

i swear i am laughing with you, not at you...

Katy said...

OMG... Jamie, the 2 piece prom dress... awesome.

Trophy Wife said...

I love everything about this. Mostly the glamour shot, and the 2 piece prom dress. Perhaps in the big city that was all the rage but in small town KS that would not have been possible to wear to prom. Love it!

The McGuire's said...

Um i totally rocked a two piece prom dress in 2000. (Sophmore year i think...!)

Brooke said...

I am so jealous of you glamour shot. I really wanted to have glamour shots taken, it was the totally cool thing to do. Of course I didn't get glamour shots...lucky you :)

Jessi said...

You are the prettiest girl in all the world.