Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pea Knee

Brooke and I met up nice and early for an 11 mile run this morning. Well... early-ish. Somehow both of us slept through our alarms. But it was early enough!

The before shot:

We both felt good starting out. Somewhere around mile 4 my right knee started bothering me. It has felt a little funny ever since last Saturday's episode so I've been taking it easy. But at about mile 7 it was an all out pain around my entire knee. We ended up walking a ton and ended the run at nine miles instead of eleven.

The after shot:


I was so bummed! Besides my silly knee, I felt really good and was excited for a strong run. No such luck though. I'm guessing the knee pain is a result of bumping my mileage up past my comfort zone. My training plan has me running a lot more than I ever have before, but I really thought I could do it! Looks like I might have to rearrange some things going forward.


Brooke could definitely feel my pain. She's been dealing with a bum thutt muscle (that's the technical term for where your butt and thigh meet) for quite some time now.

Showing off our injuries:

Now I'm icing and elevating and hoping for the best. Ari is very concerned:

Fact: Ari is the best dog ever when it comes to injuries or being sick. He can just sense when you need some comfort and will stand (or cuddle) by your side until you feel better. Of course, this morning he had the difficult task of deciding who needed his help more; me with my bum knee, or Drew with his horrendous hang over. I win! Probably because Drew reeks of booze, while I am freshly showered. Ari also loves vegetables. That could have something to do with it.

No comments: