Instead, I met Jana in her 6th grade FACS classroom to sew an apron! It seemed totally appropriate.
Trying to figure out how the heck to make an apron:
This was my first go at a sewing machine since seventh grade Home-Ec. It was actually really fun... although I'm not sure my skills were much better than Jana's sixth graders:

Showing off the finished product:

Umm... Jana is a bit more of a perfectionist than I am and had to go back and fix my work:

I had to add two more finishes so the Olathe East fashion girls helped me to embroider a big "G" on the front and add eyelets to the pocket. I'm going to be the most fashionable cook in my kitchen. Take that Mya!
Showing off the finished product:
Umm... Jana is a bit more of a perfectionist than I am and had to go back and fix my work:
I had to add two more finishes so the Olathe East fashion girls helped me to embroider a big "G" on the front and add eyelets to the pocket. I'm going to be the most fashionable cook in my kitchen. Take that Mya!
Tomorrow I have to present my project to the class. So while the other girls are showing off their home-spun yarn and hand-dyed fabrics, I'll be able to present my apron along with my business plan to have all of my sixth-graders churn out aprons to sell at PTA meetings. It will be just like my own little sweat shop!
Thanks Jana for all your help with my project! If it were me who was 9-months pregnant and someone asked for my entire evening, I would have told them to go fly a kite and planted myself on the couch with a pint of Ben & Jerry's. You're such a great friend! And you have such a cute baby!!!
1 comment:
I'd do anything for you Jamie! You're going to be a super-fun FACS teacher! And...sorry I'm so anal. :) Hope your presentation went well!
Post a Comment