The recipe calls for cilantro which works out perfectly since cilantro is the only herb in my garden that decided to grow this year.
Unfortunately the recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of cilantro, and that pretty much wiped out this little pot. Hopefully it grows back quick!
This is technically supposed to be a side dish, but I just served it up on a plate and called it dinner. There's not much to it: beans, corn, quinoa, cilantro. But for some reason it tastes SO good! I could eat this at every meal.
The leftovers also make a tasty quesadilla filling the next day! Just add cheese and salsa.
A tip if you are using quinoa for the first time; make sure you rinse it first! Quinoa has some sort of film on it that gives it an off taste unless it is rinsed off before cooking. Super easy, but makes a big difference!
Another tasty tidbit: Quinoa is the only non-animal food that is a complete source of amino acids. I learned that in Chemistry this semester. See, Junior College is totally applicable to real life!
3 comments:
You didn't really tell us how to make this and clearly I'm interested. :) Also, I never rinse my quinoa and never think it tastes weird. Does that make me weird?
There's a link to the recipe up there! Try rinsing it... I promise it will taste better!
Dude, I totally missed the link, I'm an IDIOT! I'll try rinsing it, just for you.
Post a Comment