Thursday, May 20, 2010

Freedom!!!

Yesterday was my last final of the semester! And let me tell you, I rocked this whole community college thing. I liken it to the episode of Friends where Monica takes the beginner cooking class and fashions a gold star so the teacher can award it to her for making the best cookies. And yes, I do feel like a phony sometimes, but no one has to know that I actually already have a degree.

My teachers love me. Its because I do things like show up to class, turn stuff in, study for tests, show up for tests. I really don't think they expect their students to listen and do things they're told.

Like, in my Textiles class, we have at least one assignment due every week. So I turn my assignment in every week. But, it doesn't matter when you turn an assignment in; you still get full credit for it... even if it isn't done! And before our tests our teacher gives us a study guide and lets us bring a page of notes, front & back, to use on the test. So what do I do? I fill out the study guide and bring it to the test where all of the questions are directly off of the study guide and SURPRISE!!! I ace the test. Then our teacher says that since so many people failed the test, she will let you retake it if you want. Umm... what??

Anyways, I won't let the semester end without a few funny stories from the last few weeks:
  • We had our last test before the Human Sexuality final a couple of weeks ago. In the class following the test, our teacher handed back our tests and prepared to go over them with us. Right before she started, Hookah Girl walked in. Our teacher gave her a sour look and continued without handing back Hookah Girl's test. I figured she was just pissed that this girl walks in late everyday. After going over all of the questions and talking about the test for like 30 minutes, the teacher asks if there are any questions. HG raises her hand and says, "Did I like, miss a test or something?"
  • Our final section in Human Sexuality covered such wonderful subjects as STDs, Sex Therapy, and Sexual Deviancy. We're discussing exhibitionism in class when Hookah Girl raises her hand. "Sometimes when I'm in the car I like to flash my friends in the car next to me. Does that mean I'm an exhibitionist?" Girlfriend, we've got bigger problems than that.
  • At my Chemistry review, my teacher was talking to a girl and somehow it came up that she was 22. My teacher couldn't believe it... thought she was like 18. "You look so young!" Then she looks directly at me and says, "Jamie, you're old like me right?" Hmm... this is the first time I've gotten this comment. She goes on to say, "I don't know what it is but there's something about you that makes me think you are older..." Ahh yes, it must be my aura of wisdom, the grace with which I carry myself, the general lack of VS Pink in my wardrobe... "I think its the way you wear your hair." Ouch. At least she didn't say the wrinkles around my eyes.

So that's it! I'm done with school for the next ten days!!! What does that mean?? Lots of cleaning the house, working in the yard, running, and hopefully blogging! Lucky you!

1 comment:

Trophy Wife said...

Loved this post, mostly, "general lack of VS Pink in my wardrobe" and of course Hookah Girl stories, I'll miss her.