Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fat Dog

I came home last night to a dark house and thought maybe Drew had gone to bed uber-early.  I walked in to find him and the dogs sitting by candlelight.  No, he wasn't planning a romantic evening... the power went out.  I guess the heat was too much for PV to handle.  Our whole street was dark, except for the lights from the fireworks the WT family was setting off.  Awesome.

I joined Drew and the dogs on the couch and Drew made the comment*, "See Ari, this is what people did in the old days.  They sat around by candlelight and... talked."  For some reason this made us laugh... a lot.  I'm not sure we've ever talked without the TV on in the background.  It facilitates our communication.

So, we sat there for awhile... talking.  It didn't take long for that to get old.  So Drew decided to measure Ari's body fat.

"I feel so fat."
This isn't dog abuse.  And lucky for Mya the power came on before it was her turn.  And lucky for us the TV came back on so we didn't have to worry about... talking.

*Other people have conversations with their dogs, right?  Right?!

2 comments:

Callie said...

TV is a staple in our convos too, and yes we talk to our dog :)

Trophy Wife said...

Our power went out Wednesday! Weird. And if I had a dog I'd talk to it.