Sunday, January 2, 2011

Big D: Week 4

I had a pretty good week running-wise.  Drew had the whole week off and sometimes its hard to motivate myself to go to the gym when I'd rather be cuddling with him and the pooches, but I did alright, regardless.

Here's what the week looked like:

Monday: 3 miles outside.  I bought new running tights and a compression top so I was excited to try them out.  I felt pretty cute... and pretty cold.  I came home and did Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack on FitTV.  Has anyone done this???  It is awesome!  Brooke & I went to yoga later that night too. 

Tuesday: 5 miles on the treadmill: 43:14.  I started at 6 mph and ended at 8 mph.  Lots of fun... right.

Wednesday: Nada.  I meant to go to the gym.  I told Brooke I'd go to yoga.  I bailed on both.

Thursday: 11-ish miles.  OMG.  It was 60 degrees out.  I didn't even get to wear my cute new running clothes because it was so nice out!  I wore capris and a short-sleeve top and it was awesome.  If I could get one day a week of that kind of weather then this marathon training would be a snap. 

I accidentally turned off my Garmin mid-way through the run so I'm not sure exactly how far I ran, but it was somewhere in the 11 range.

Friday: Yoga.  I didn't think I was too tired after that long run until I tried doing yoga.  My legs were tired.

Saturday: Nada.  Drew and I decided to go to the gym after visiting his grandpa in the afternoon.  We ended up at Jose Peppers drinking beer and eating queso with Brooke & Bryan instead.  Is there a better way to start off the new year?  Didn't think so.

Sunday:  2 miles & 20 minutes on the elliptical.  We got up and went to the gym this morning to make up for missing on Saturday.  The gym was busy!  Dang resolutioners.

I said I was only going to run 3 times a week... but it had been a few days since I had run, so I took these miles easy and kept it slow. 

Total: 21 miles

There were a few too many rest days this week, but I still feel like I did okay.  Looking forward to a twelve miler this week!  I'm praying for another warm day for running!

2 comments:

Lauren Grier said...

I really think all the resolutioners should get their own section in the gym. I hear storage room B has room. But, seriously I hate going to the gym during Jan!

Katy said...

I agree Lauren, there is nothing worse than the gym in January! Except maybe running outside in January...