For now though, let's stick with Week Five:
Monday: 3 miles on the treadmill. I realized as I was walking into the gym that it was actually a really nice day and I should probably be doing this run outside. Oops.
Tuesday: 5 miles outside with Mr. Dog. That guy is out of shape. But it was a beautiful day so I put up with his dinking around and stopping to pee every half mile.
Wednesday: 30 minutes Elliptical & 30 minutes on the bike. I took Cosmo to the gym with me. I haven't read Cosmo since I was like in high school and I was totally blushing at the content. Seriously, now I'm going to be known as the girl at the gym who reads about how to please her man so he won't cheat. Awesome.
Thursday: 3 miles... outside again! Awesome weather. I contemplated turning this into a long run, but figured the next day would probably be just as nice, right?
Friday: 13 miles. I kept waiting for the weather to warm up, but it didn't. Finally around noon I set out for a twelve-miler. Probably not the best idea to go at lunch time, but I brought sustenance:
| Powerbar Chewy Things. |
| Delicious. |
... but then I had a huge lump on my ass. It was a very inconvenient place for a lump. And my top was not long enough to cover the lump.
| Ass lump. |
| No camera, just chews. |
| Lucky Thirteen. |
| Road ID |
It also has medical history ---> in my case none. And Drew added a line with my Boston qualifying time for some added inspiration. He's so thoughtful. :)
I was seriously hungry and exhausted when I got home. I ran by the Blue Moose at mile twelve and I'm pretty sure that had I had money on me I would have gone in and sat down to a sandwich and beer. Maybe a credit card would fit into my ass-pocket.
Instead I had a chocolate protein shake while I iced my knee.
| Mmmm.... |
Saturday: 30 minutes elliptical. It was snowing and I really just wanted to curl up on the couch with some coffee and a dog, but I made it to the gym.
Sunday: Trust me on this... I will be curled up on the couch with a dog and some coffee, not at the gym. Rest day!!!
Total Mileage: 24 miles.
Good week! But I am definitely ready for a rest week... which I get next week! I might take it down to three running days, just to give the ol' knee some extra TLC.
3 comments:
Love the Road ID! Is that from Skinny Runner?
Also, what kind of chews are you eating? I am trying the new cliff shot blocks and they are fantastic!
Love the ass photos.
Lauren - my inlaws asked if it was from Skinny Runner too! Drew doesn't follow her blog so she didn't get a cut of my Road ID. And I just get the Power Bar brand chews because they sell them at the grocery store. I like Sport Beans and Honey Stingers better, but I have to go out of my way to get them and I'm kind of lazy. :)
D - I knew you would.
Post a Comment