Thursday, January 13, 2011

Very Nice Things.

It is brutally cold out.  Cold makes me cranky... unless I'm on the couch with a dog and hot chocolate and no reason to leave.  Then I'm okay with it.

In order to keep my spirits up, I'd like to share some happy news.  No big revelations here, just the nice things that keep life humming right along.
  • I have an oven light.  We were at Brooke and Bryan's last weekend and after a couple of bottles of wine, Brooke decided to pop some cookies into the oven.*  I commented how I really liked that you can see what's cooking in her oven.  "You mean the oven light?"  Yeah, I really like that.  She assured me that I also have one.  Last night the oven was making a funny sound and while Drew was messing with it, he found my oven light.  Voila!  Now I can watch my cookies bake.
  • I have cruise control.  And heated seats!  Jade is a lemon.  My cruise control and heated driver's seat haven't worked in years.  That's why I always let Drew drive.  All of a sudden out of no where on my way to class yesterday, my butt started to get all toasty.  Whaaaa?!?!  Yep.  Seat heaters were on.  I thought I'd push my luck and try out the cruise control.  Yep.  It worked too.  If there was ever a time for Jade to flip the switch, I'd say she picked it.  My commute just got so much better.
  • I heard Kansas City is getting a Nordstrom Rack.  I am freaking out!  That is super awesome-ness if I ever heard it!!!  It is going in right over by Oak Park Mall.  I.  Am.  Pumped.
So, there you have it: three very nice things.  Hey, we gotta look at the positives, right?

What positive things have happened to you this week?

*One of the many many reasons I love Brooke; after a couple of bottles of wine she'll put cookies in the oven. 
   

3 comments:

Brooke said...

mmmmm....wine and cookies, one of my favs

Trophy Wife said...

I know someone who lives near Oak Park Mall. We could shop together. And then drink wine and eat cookies.

Lauren Grier said...

I remember in college how jealous I was of your seat warmers. I am still am! Go Jade!