... Jack talk Thai real good.
Hi friends! It is Monday and I have been sans Internet since Friday morning. For real. Mya and I took a road trip across our fair state to the great land of Dodge City to visit her cousins Mattie and Doc.
On Saturday we decided to stay in and I persuaded Jess and Ryan into having pizza night so I could eat more of my much obsessed over
Pioneer Woman Pizza. Jess gave me something else to obsess over when she introduced me to Thai Chicken Pizza. I of course obsessed over it sans chicken.
 |
| Jess talk Thai. |
We each made individual size pizzas ---> mine was goat cheese & basil. Yum! But Jess left the chicken off of part of hers so I could try it.
 |
| Me gusta. |
It was awesome.
 |
| "Hello?" |
Not awesome? I didn't take any pictures of Mya with her doggie cousins. Jess & Ryan have two of the sweetest and prettiest dogs I've ever met... I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the three of them!
I took the scenic route home from Dodge so that I could stop in for dinner with my parents. When my dad told me he was making Oriental chicken for dinner, I took it as a sign that I should make Thai pizza.
 |
| Peanut sauce, peppers, and green onions. |
 |
| Add cheese and bake it up. |
I'm a push-over and let them have chicken on half of the pizza. See? I'm not a nazi-vegetarian.
 |
| Add sprouts and carrots. |
 |
| Nom Nom Nom. |
 |
| Serve with wine. Duh. |
Thai Pizza
Ingredients:
- Pizza Dough (or prepared crust)
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Hot sauce
- Sliced peppers
- Chopped green onions
- Italian Cheese
- Bean Sprouts
- Shredded Carrots
Method:
- Make the sauce by combining peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce until smooth. Use however much of the spices you like ---> we like ours hot! Or you can buy a prepared peanut sauce and just use that.
- Spread dough with sauce. Layer on peppers, green onions, and cheese. This is where you would add chicken if you hate me and don't want to go meatless. Bake at 500 for 10-ish minutes or however long your crust directs.
- Top with carrots and bean sprouts. Slice it up. Serve with wine.
- Prepare to be obsessed.
The pizza was a huge hit with the fam. Between the four of us we ate all but one piece. We McNieces like our dinners large.
 |
Mya's butt.
|
In other news, when we arrived home from our little girls' weekend, Ari was not pleased to find that Mya smelled of other dogs. To remedy the situation he immediately peed all over her.
Happy {meatless} Monday!
3 comments:
I'm so glad I got to be part of Meatless Monday's again. Well, it was meatless Saturday, but it all rolls together, right?
Glad you gals came to visit. Mattie really misses Mya. She goes down to the guest room to smell for her.
Love you!
Gotta try this recipe!
P.S. Mya and Margo look like twinkies from the back end... :)
I need to make this ASAP! Friend, will you come to Denver and cook for me? PLEASE!!
Post a Comment