Christmas time. The time for giving. Have you finished your gift shopping?
I'm not the best gift-giver. I try really hard every year to find thoughtful gifts, but I somehow usually end up missing the mark. You know when you receive a gift and it's just so you that you are just shocked at how thoughtful a person could be???
This happened to me twice this week. Twice in the same day. Both gifts were whisks. I know, a whisk doesn't seem like an incredibly thoughtful gift. But it so is.
I met my friend Jennifer for coffee on Monday. She and I carpooled to Science of Food class every day this summer. Through those many hours of driving + lots of time in the kitchen, we got to know each other pretty darn well. So even though we hadn't really seen much of each other since this summer, it wasn't hard to pick up where we left off.
Half way through my giant cup of coffee, Jennifer remembered she had something for me. Yes, I love gifts. But I could not have been happier when she pulled a tiny little whisk from her purse.
Our class kitchens were each stocked with one of these tiny little guys, and Jennifer remembered me being completely smitten. I have a thing for tiny kitchen gadgets. And she remembered.
It might seem silly, but I was just completely overcome by such a thoughtful gesture. She said she was at a thrift store and saw the little guy and thought of me. She kept it in her purse to give to me.
| I love you. |
| Tiny ice cream spoons, whisk, pinch & dash measuring spoons. |
| S&P Midgets. |
| Wait, what's that? |
It was not the gift I'd ordered for mi padre. It was in fact a box bursting at the seems with wonderfulness from my beautiful wonderful thoughtful cousin.
| Box o' goodness. |
The box also contained a new whisk! How on Earth was I gifted two whisks in one day?
| Big & Lil'. |
What else makes me happy? This:
| Merry Christmas. |
2 comments:
Please tell me at least one of them said they wanted to "Whisk you a Merry Christmas"...
No?
Too much?
Dude, I'm 99% sure I owned the teddy bear dress you and Jess are rocking back in the day. I don't think I was lucky enough to have the matching stuffed animal, though. Obviously my mom didn't love me as much as your moms did!
Post a Comment