It's finals week. So what am I doing? Procrastinating, duh. I have 3 tests and a project to do by Thursday, so it seems like a good time to blog.
Today was our final meal prepared in my food prep class (tomorrow we make candy!). My group chose to do a Greek themed meal which we prepared this morning. We usually don't prepare a whole meal, but since we did this time, we actually sat down in the dining room to eat with real dishes. Such excitement.
My group:

Our white and blue table setting was inspired by the Greek flag.
Our first course was a cucumber & yogurt soup:

The main course was a pita stuffed with hummus, roasted veggies, and sprouts. The side dish is a baked eggplant topped with a tomato mixture:

It was super yum! This was my first time making pita bread. I was amazed at how easy it was and how much better it tastes than store bought!
And the big finish:

I will have dreams of this chocolate hazelnut gelato for as long as I live. It was amazing. Amazing. This was also my first experience using an ice cream maker. So easy! Who knew?
And, because I like to kill time when I should be studying... check out my new shoes!!!

Mya says, "Why you get new shoes and Mya has no dog bones?"
Ari got a little crazy because usually when I'm putting on running shoes it means we're going running. When he realized we were not going running, he decided he hates the shoes and attacked:

So, that's my day folks. What have you been up to?
1 comment:
That vegetarian meal looked delicious! And I love the shoes. But I would.
Post a Comment