
To: jen@jenlancaster.com
From: allaboutjamie
Date: May 19, 2010
Subject: DMB = Suck
Dear Jen,
Although I am a huge fan, read your blog, and regularly refer to you as my bestie, I only just finally finished your first book! I actually started with Such a Pretty Fat. Not surprising as I seem to have a strange obsession with all things fat.
Anyways! I loved it so much that ran directly to my library (I'm broke, so I can't support you, BFF) and checked out Bright Lights Big Ass and Pretty in Plaid (audio book! Changed my life!). But the dang library had a huge waiting list for Bitter.
Usually I get through your books quick because you are super funny and I find that I can't put them down. However, my turn at the Johnson County Library came at a very inopportune time. I had lots of tests and papers and blah blah blah due at school, and I'm trying to keep my priorities straight. I started to come up on the 3-week time limit of books and figured I would just renew it online for another 3 weeks when I could take my time and enjoy your hilarity. But when I tried, the library Nazis told me I couldn't renew because there was a waiting list for this book! What?! I was unaware of this rule! This is so not okay! I'm only like half way through the best book ever!
So I did what anyone would do... I blew off studying for my finals in order to finish the book and avoid the emptiness I would surely feel having not known how your job search turned out, being placed back on the waiting list, or worse... having to incur a $0.15 / day late fee. How 'bout those priorities?
It was totally worth it.
I already knew all about being a sorority girl and wearing pink and pearls, but I absolutely loved hearing your story unfold from the beginning. My heart melted at the story of finding Loki and Maisy. I put "eat twinkwich" on my bucket list. I so wish I'd gotten married in Vegas during a porn convention. And I was appalled at your experience with the Chicago Marathon! We runners are usually a very nice bunch. I'm sorry they were so mean to you!
But really, it was when you said that Dave Matthews makes you want to kick puppies that I knew we were soul mates.
Love you! Love the book! Might actually have to pony up and buy My Fair Lazy since the JoCo Library Nazis aren't stocking it. And most of all, I'm so thankful that you decided to write instead of rejoining corporate America!
Supersize Me,
Jamie
P.S. Totally laughed out loud when you got drunk and decided it was a good idea to wear your overalls sans shirt underneath while entertaining guests. Good news! I heard overalls are making a comeback. Who needs shirts, right?
2 comments:
if you did not send her this, can i pleeeease forward it to her. i think she would totally fit in with us and be super fun to have a power hour with.
I own that book, you could have just borrowed it!! Kait, you have to send it to Jen (yes we are on a first name basis).
Post a Comment