Okay, we're ending this writer's strike right meow. I actually cooked tonight! Hooray for not being lazy!!!
I was SO pleased to find organic ground beef at Costco this weekend. It was like $4 a pound... pricey. But we don't really eat a lot of ground beef at our house so I didn't mind spending a little bit more.

I'm not usually a Sandra Lee fan, but when she made
meatballs using string cheese, I knew I had to try them. I have a thing for string cheese. Back in college, I went skiing with my friend Meggy. I brought a big bag of string cheese along for snacks. One night after a long day of skiing her dad made us a big spaghetti dinner and on top were tiny round slices of melty cheese. About half-way through dinner we realized he'd chopped up the string cheese and put it on top of the spaghetti. We thought it was really funny, but it turns out Sandra Lee does it too.
The recipe is super easy. You just mix up the meat mixture, flatten them out to tiny patties, and add a smidge of string cheese:
Then roll up your balls:

Sandra has a special recipe for sauce, but I have my own special recipe. Its called Prego. I added a can of organic diced tomatoes and voila! Its half & half spaghetti sauce:

After the meatballs baked they were all brown and done with yummy gooey cheese oozing out:
The finished product:
And now for the taste test:
How is it Drew???
It's good!!!

Yep, these meatballs got the Drew seal of approval. They were so easy and tasty I will definitely be making them again. And, since the recipe made 12 meatballs, we'll also be eating these all week long. Yea for leftovers!
3 comments:
I got super excited about organic beef at Costco and I was like, $4 a pound isn't so bad...and then I remembered, I don't eat beef. Boo. :)
Mmmmmm!!!!
Your balls look delicious and I never knew Drew ate balls!!! This was a delightful and entertaining blog post. Now...I'd like for you to invite us over so we can taste test your balls right meow.
Post a Comment