Drew told me that his friend Jeff invited him to a barbecue on Friday night. I invited Kait. After we picked her up, Drew started heading in a direction that was not towards Jeff's house.
Me: I thought we were going to Jeff's house.
Drew: No, he's not having the BBQ.
Me: Who is having the BBQ?
Drew: I don't know.
Me: Is it his girlfriend?
Drew: No.
So, we showed up at some random person's house for a barbecue. Good thing we brought cookies. Kait and I were hanging out in the back, with mostly people we didn't know, and she had the brilliant idea of playing Power Hour.
Our game started with the idea that every minute we'd take turns making a toast and both taking a drink. Our toasts quickly turned into a random splaying of Spanish words and phrases. Kait likes to speak Spanish when she's drinking. And it was good practice because she's going to Guatemala this summer to teach.
People soon joined our super fun game, even if they didn't know much Spanish. It was interesting what words and phrases people could recall from Spanish classes of the past.
2 comments:
i love that you slipped the crazy eye picture in there with no caption.
we are fun.
tenemos que jugar otra vez.
Yeah, I kinda wanted a caption for that crazy eye picture!
Post a Comment