Remember when I used to make a recipe out of a new cook book every week? That was back when I didn't have to do Chemistry homework every night and get up at 5:00 to start the day. Poor Drew has been eating the same turkey burgers and egg sandwiches like every night.
But, this week is SPRING BREAK!!! So I've been taking advantage of my extra free time by doing all the things I haven't had time to do in the last couple of months. I've made dinner every night this week!
Wahoo! Tonight I decided to try out a recipe I've been eying for awhile now. It came from this lovely book:
The Two of Us ... And Friends is a fun little book that has lots of recipes perfect for entertaining, as well as fun things like party planning time lines, decorating ideas, and pretty much anything you need to know about throwing a dinner party. I chose the recipe for
Spaghetti Carbonara a la Grandma for our dinner this evening.
In addition to cooking, I've totally been missing baking! So to go with our pasta I made a yummy loaf of Parmesan beer bread:

With roasted asparagus on the side:

Eaten on the couch, per the usual, while watching a certain game from earlier in the day. Thank goodness for
DVR:

I even went so far as to make dessert! Chocolate mousse for two:

This was my first ever attempt at making or eating
Carbonara, and it was
delicious. And so easy! If it were a tad healthier I might add it to the regular rotation... but with all the cream and
pancetta and cheese, it will probably be saved for special occasions.
Ciao!!!
3 comments:
Yummo!
Love Carbanara. Ya know, pre Vegan. Yours looked delicious. I never even thought to DVR the game and watch it later. I'm a bad Wildcat. And you are a good one.
Yum, it all looks great! I'd love the recipe for the parmesean beer bread!
Post a Comment