The last Meatless Monday of November was moved to Friday because sometimes you have to make things work when people up and leave you. Whoa Drama Queen.
Jess came over for some tasty meatless burritos! Remember I said Mexican food is easy to make meatless? There are so many flavors you don't even need the meat!
Mmm... half eaten burrito with salsa:
And wine. Because Jess and I don't get together unless there is wine involved:

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burritos
1 1/2 sweet potatos, cooked, peeled and mashed
And wine. Because Jess and I don't get together unless there is wine involved:
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burritos
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp Coriander
2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup shredded cheese
3 big ass tortillas
Saute garlic and onion with salt, coriander, and cumin. Mix with beans, potatos, and cheese. Stuff into tortillas and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with salsa. Makes 3 big burritos. You could also put the mixture into the food processor in case someone at your dinner party didn't like the texture of onions or beans. But who doesn't like onions?!
Although the burritos were yummy and the wine was flowing, our meat free dinner party was bitter sweet. Jess and I get together every couple of weeks to eat, drink, and catch up... but this was the last time. Jess moved away this past weekend.
I can think of a thousand things to say to commemorate the good great and wonderful things she has to look forward to and a thousand things to say about how sad and empty my life will be without her, but I'm getting all sad and teary just thinking about it. So I'm not going to go into all those feelings.
And thanks for not telling anyone that I can't speak Spanish.

1 comment:
You about made me cry at work. Thank you for always being such an amazing friend. I really don't know what I would've done without for all these years. I will miss you more than I miss the wine, but promise to bring some good, cheap stuff down when you visit.
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment