Thursday, December 17, 2009

Old Traditions Revisited

Way back in college, one night at the Gamma Phi house, Jana introduced us to the joys of dipping pretzels into chocolate. I've done it every year since. And this week, she reinstated the tradition at her house.

Our awesome spread of goodies, and DeAnna drinking un-organic wine: DeAnna, my bloggy BFF turned real-world friend, asked before hand if it is rude to bring wine to a pregnant person's house. This is why we're friends.

Jana made like a thousand sugar cookies and bought 5 bags of pretzel rods. Matt came home later in the evening and was unimpressed with our progress. He was also unimpressed with Jana's ability to motivate our dipping. Come on Coach!

Kylie and some incredible popular bowl:
I think the large microwave safe bowl is key to pretzel success. You can fit an entire bag of almond bark in there!

The FACS teacher shows us how to mix icing with a toothpick:
Check out my sweet to-go bag:
To be clear, we dipped delicious pretzels on Tuesday. Today is Thursday and my bag of treats is gone. Again, this is why I run.

I asked Jana for a belly shot and she tried to show me her bare tummy. I don't know that the internet is ready for that! Here she is with all of her preggo cuteness:
It's fun to think that next year when we go to Jana's for candy-making she'll be a mommy! Thanks for inviting us over Jana! We've come a long way since the Gamma Phi kitchen! And I promise that next year I'll be a more productive pretzel-dipper!!!

3 comments:

Just Jana said...

Excellent recap! Thanks so much for coming! It's always a treat to get to spend time with you. :)

Trophy Wife said...

Jana, don't listen to her! We will be no more productive next year if there is wine again! And gossip and old stories to tell. :) But it'll be fun again.

Jamie said...

Can we at least re-hash the romantic story of how DeAnna and Chris got together? Maybe one of my favorite stories ever... especially the part at the rec. :)