Friday, November 6, 2009

The Journey of 1000 Miles...



... starts with one step. Right? Isn't that like a famous quote? Anyways...
I ran my 1000th mile of the year today!!! Woot woot! Holla! Insert other super cool exclamations here. I didn't even reach 1,000 last year... I think it was something like 984 miles. So I'm super excited to get to that big fat number the first week of November!

In case you're wondering, I'm only 87.79 miles away from having run the distance from my house to the White House. I'm sure Barack will be calling to congratulate me any minute!



View Larger Map

Hmm... distance seems boring. Let's talk snacks. Assuming I burned 100 calories per mile (I'm just guessing here) I burned enough calories to eat:

*222 cupcakes (guessing 450 calories per cupcake)
*256 slices of Little Caesar's Pepperoni pizza
*543 Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Lattes
*333 servings of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream (That's 83 pints!)
*286 French Toast Bagels from Panera
*4,000 carrots (Only included as a reference point.)

And now you know the real reason I run!

6 comments:

Trophy Wife said...

Wow. I'm super impressed. Mostly by the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Great job!! (insert cursing and profanities here because I am so jealous...)

Kaitlin said...

if you got to run in a straight line, you would so be at the white house playing with their dog already.

Delaney Mae said...

Holy cow, that's a lot of miles. I think my total mileage run for 2009 is .0025 miles. That's an estimate.

Also, I am going back through your archives and was just admiring your parents' wedding picture. AMAZING.

Jessi said...

Holy moly - You are awesome!

Christina said...

It makes me rethink eating every one of those 222 cupcakes... ;-)