I decided I should cut Hal some slack and give him a break since he's been my trainer for the last year and a half. Part of me really wanted to sign up for the Gobbler Grind 1/2 Marathon at the end of this month, but to even jump into the Novice program I would have had to run 8 miles this weekend. That did not and would not happen. Plus, if I run a half, I want to run it fast. And that isn't going to happen, so I'm opting for the sidelines on this one (go Trophy Wife!).
Instead of focusing on running, I decided that in November I'm going to switch my focus to a new trainer; the ever famous and scary Jillian Michaels! Woo Hoo! She's not as nice and friendly (and old) as Hal, but I'm betting she'll whip my butt into shape with her 30 Day Shred.
This month you can look forward to Sunday recaps of my week with Jillian. There are 3 levels of the workout so I'm going to attempt to do 10 days of each level. My goal is to work out for 30 days straight; every day this month. The workouts are only about 20 minutes in addition to a warm up and cool down, so it should be doable. I was planning on taking before and after pictures so everyone could see me go from flab to fab, but my dog ate my camera. No really, Ari totally broke my camera last night. I think it was the universe telling me that no one needs or wants to see that. The plan says I can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days, but I'm really just looking to tone up... and possibly get some body building gigs. I weighed myself today so I'll let you know at the end if I lose any weight (don't hold your breath).
In addition I'm going to try to log 20 miles a week for the month to get myself back to a good base so I can start looking at training options for the spring! Wish me luck!
3 comments:
I love Jilian! Level one is too easy, level 2 is the best, and I'm not a big fan of level 3. I feel like I get the best workout form level 2. Sometimes I'll do level 1 as a warmup, then level 2 right afterwards...Enjoy!
Whoa. Sarah must be badass cause I thought all 3 levels were hard. But it's fun to see how quickly you can do more each time you do it. I love the 30 day shred and I find myself saying things like, "pain is just fear leaving the body" because of it.
Sarah, you are a badass. 3 days into level one and my thighs respectfully disagree with you.
Post a Comment