I've been on a big cupcake kick lately, but thought I'd try something new. I found this recipe on my absolute favorite blog, the hyper homemaker. The blog has since gone away (I'm really sad!) but luckily I printed the directions for these yummies. If you've ever had cake truffles you know the concept. Its pretty much a cake mixed with frosting then shaped and dipped into melted candy. These just happen to be shaped like flowers then stuck on sticks. They make a super cute little arrangement and taste like crack.
Funniest picture ever! I swear, Ari did not get a bite! The best part of these treats is that there are a lot of "duds" that fall off the stick or break apart in the candy. That means I'm forced to eat the rejects! :)
I had to drop these off tonight since I wasn't sure they'd make it until tomorrow in that arrangement. We'll celebrate tomorrow too! Katy is my new neighbor so dropping in is super easy! I love PV! Everyone should move here.
Today also happens to be Ari's birthday! Check out the birthday festivities at my other blog http://www.kcdogblogger.blogspot.com/. Can you believe he's two years old today??? My baby is so grown up!
2 comments:
You are so Martha Stewart!! Can I have that recipe?!?
Those cake flowers were delicious! And sooo pretty!
Post a Comment