Monday, January 6, 2014

Mexico

My goodness... where has the time gone?

I blame Mexico.  We went to Mexico.  Because visiting 3 different countries in 2013 just wasn't enough.  I'd like to think that Cancun shares the same sentiment as Vegas.  What happens in Cancun...  but that wouldn't be very fun for you, now would it? 

The view from our balcony.
We stayed at an all-inclusive.  It's something we've been wanting to do for a long time, so when the opportunity arose, we said "Screw the budget!" and jumped on it.

The Jacuzzi in our room.
We went with our good friends Kate & Tyler Bachman... and I think we definitely came back better friends...

If you are looking for the Bachmans, they are on their perch in the pool.
Our days were filled with sun, but our nights were filled with free shows, worth every penny.

Mexican disco show?
We literally sat at the pool or beach all day every day.  And no, we were not even slightly bored.

We love Cancun!
It's still winter, even though we were in Mexico.  So the sun went down around 3:30 in the afternoon.  At that time we'd head to our balcony to drink wine, eat snacks, read books, and relaaaaax.

Best part of my day.
There were several restaurants in the hotel where we would meet in the evening.

I can't remember the name of this drink, but it is on fire.
After dinner, you could find us in the bar... where Kate & I became wildly popular.

Kate, me, and our back-up dancers.
Tequila may have played a part in our popularity.

Arriba!  Abajo!  Al Centro!
Did I mention how much fun Kate & I are when we are together???

Just take the shot.
Drew & Mr. Bachman are pretty neat too.

The seniors.
We made lots of friends during our trip.  Not all of them were of retirement age.

Amigos!
And then we were back at it, bright & early.

Margarita!
When they weren't having karaoke night, the bar would play fun games.  And we would win.  Sometimes by taking off our undergarments.

Where is Drew?  Passed out in the corner.


My margarita came in a cucumber. 
The drinks were all included, so it just made sense to try them all.

My favorite: The Dirty Monkey.
Every day there were several volleyball tournaments.  The boys played, but the girls did not participate.
Super intense game of volleyball.
 
 
Truth be told, most of our time was spent drinking at the pool.  But Drew & I made sure to get plenty of beach time in as well.  There's nothing quite like walking in the ocean.
 
How cute is he?

Love.

Are you sick of this photo shoot yet?

I think this might be my signature pose.

Now they are all starting to look alike.

Last one, I promise.

On our last night in Cancun, we realized it was karaoke night again in the hotel lounge.  We knew we had to go.  When we walked in, the DJ saw us and asked, "You sing Britney Spears tonight?"


Champagne + Tequila =  El Awesome
And we did.  We sang the shit out of some Britney Spears... we had to give them one last amazing performance before we left.


Hasta Luego Cancun!
 
It really was the best week ever.  I'm so grateful we were able to spend such a fun & relaxing week with our friends. 

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

I crossed my fingers this Tuesday hoping you spent your silly snow day blogging, and I got my Jamie fix! Now let me ask, is the woman trying to drown the man in the picture of you and Drew toward the top?