Over Spring Break I did some major cleaning out of the closet. This included donating lots of clothes and lots of shoes. 24 pairs to be exact. That's a lot of shoes.
DeAnna chastised me and argued that you should never ever get rid of shoes. I countered that these were all shoes I never wear and don't really like. Most of them were from my banking days. And almost all of them were from Target.
Why do I keep buying shoes from Target???*
I got to work quickly replacing those 24 pairs of shoes. I told myself NO MORE SHOES FROM TARGET!!! But you know, old habits die hard.
I can't believe it, but it has been less than 6 months since the shoe banishment of 2013 and I have managed to rack up 10 new pairs of shoes already. And yes, this is definitely one of those posts I hope Drew isn't reading.
Here they are... not all are from Target, so I feel successful on that front. But they weren't expensive either. For Drew's sake and mine, I will not be listing prices or trying to calculate the total cost. Keep your mouths shut!
Also, it is really hard to take pictures of your own feet. I struggled with the best way to show off the shoes. It didn't turn out well. And no one was around to act as my assistant. So, some shoes don't look as cute as they should. I promise they are all fantastic and wonderful.
Again, here they are.
1. Toms. I never owned any before! I bought these the day of the shoe-exile as a welcome to Spring kind of tribute. And then Spring showed up 3 months later.
![]() |
| My first pair of Toms! |
2. Chucks. Again, never owned a pair! My friend Blair wore them to dinner once and I fell in love. You will see a theme throughout this post; I buy what I see others wear. I can't think for myself.
![]() |
| Tiffany Blue Chucks! |
3. Aerosols. You heard that right. I bought Aerosols. I saw them at Off Broadway and thought they'd be comfy to teach in.
![]() |
| Old Lady Shoes. |
4. Gap Sandals. My bestie Sam came to visit me at school one day and showed up in the cutest black maxi and these Gap sandals. I immediately copied her and have been wearing them non-stop ever since. They are my summer sandals of 2013.
![]() |
| These sandals do not leave my feet. |
5. Target Wedges. Another copy-cat shoe. Drew's cousin was wearing these at a funeral and I loved them so much I had to ask her where they were from. Is it inappropriate to do that at a funeral? Probably. But I almost died when she said they were from Target and SO comfy. See? I can't escape Target shoes!
![]() |
| Damn you cute & comfy Target shoes! |
6. Sanuk Flips. A fellow teacher friend told me about Sanuk shoes and I was like, yeah I need those. The bottom is made of yoga mats! Hello comfy! And I mean, if you are wearing flips, they are supposed to be comfy, right? I intended to take these to Europe to have something to change into after a long day of walking but only put them on once. Now I just wear them around the house.
![]() |
| Yoga-licious. |
7. Sperry's. Again, a popular shoe brand I never owned before. I had no interest in Sperry's until I read J's Everyday Fashion Europe posts and she wore here boat shoes a lot. I never considered wearing them with dresses and skirts but thought they were so cute! I found these metallic guys on sale at Nordstrom and bought them for our trip. I haven't worn them since, but I'm sure they will be in rotation again once school starts.
![]() |
| Pretty sure my middle-schoolers all own these. I'm so lame. |
8. Target Nude Flats. Jana got me hooked on Pinterest Told Me To and now I'm obsessed. One of her must haves is a pair of Vince Camuto nude flats. She's right, they go with everything. But why would I spend $70 when I can just get a similar pair at Target???
Damn you Target!
![]() |
| Nudey Flats. |
9. Callisto Putty Wedges. If you've ever even glanced at Pinterest Told Me To you've seen these wedges. She speaks of nothing else except how freaking great they are. So yeah, I caved and ordered them. And they are amazing. And short. I ordered a size up (hard to do when you're a size 10) and will be returning these later this week.
![]() |
| Most wonderful shoe in the world? |
10. Stupid Target Peep Toes. I was NOT HAPPY to have to buy these shoes. We went to a wedding only weeks after I had given away 3 similar pairs of Target Black Peep Toed Shoes thinking, "Why do I have all these???" Well, because they match everything. I could not find black heels that I loved before the wedding so I settled on these stupid shoes. I don't like them. Sam I am.
![]() |
| Dumb dumb shoes. |
See? Not all bad. There aren't all that many Target shoes in the bunch. BUT, I haven't even touched on Fall shoes! Boots! Oxfords! Booties! Flats! Wedges!
What shoes are on the top of your Fall Must Have list?
*Because they are so damn cute!










1 comment:
It is SO hard to take flattering photos of your own feet.
Am I really going to spend 30something dollars on flip flops? Cause they look amazing.
Your last comment just proved my point. I told you so. There is no reality in which getting rid of that many shoes is acceptable.
Post a Comment