Sunday, February 24, 2013

Remedy

When making the decision to go vegetarian, there are some truths that you must automatically accept.  The first one is that you will never ever order a steak at a restaurant again. 

Until now.

This month we took Supper Club to Waldo for a little dinner and drink at Remedy.  I've been wanting to try out this restaurant since it opened mid-last-year.  They've got an amazing drink menu and are known for interesting veg options.  Both things that I love!

When we arrived, the place was bustling.  That's always a good sign.  We were told there would be a bit of a wait so we saddled up to the bar to scour the drink menu.  I didn't order it, but was psyched to see a Tinto de Waldo. 

Tinto means wine. 

Waldo means awesome.


I ordered a Milk Stout.  I've been seeing this stuff all over and had to try it!

Non-vegan beer.
We were actually seated very quickly.  My seat was... kind of... a couch.  Comfy.  Kinda weird.  We I ordered an appetizer of eggplant fries.

Amazing!!!
The menu is pretty unique.  Drew of course ordered a burger and regular fries.  Let's not get crazy here.

Burger.
He wasn't super impressed.  But to be fair, I don't think they're known for their burger.  I think he should have gone with the Bone Marrow or Pork Belly. 

I, on the other hand was ridiculously thrilled to see a Cauliflower Steak on the menu.  I got to order steak!  Steak for the vegetarian!!!

Cauliflower Steak.
The steak was amaze-balls.  So good.  It was served on top of squash, apples, and hazelnuts.  Yummy.  So yummy, that Drew kept stealing bites from my plate.  He really liked it too!

Cauliflower Steak: the ultimate people pleaser.
All in all, I really loved the restaurant.  Remedy is a little bit unique, but in a very relaxed atmosphere.  My only regret was skipping dessert.  I can't wait to go back to explore the crap out of their drink menu and maybe give the S'mores a try. 


1 comment:

Katy said...

How was the milk stout??? Your fake steak (haha) looked awesome!