I survived my third round of parent-teacher conferences! It's a long couple of days. To add a bit of interest, our social committee always has a food-related contest. In the Fall it's a dessert competition and in the Spring we do Dip Day.
Last Spring I won Dip Day with my 7 Layer Greek Dip. I got a lot of comments about how I just walk in and start winning stuff. Then when I brought my super amazing best thing in the world pumpkin cheesecake in the Fall, I won again. And people were pissed.
Shit really hit the fan this year. I made So Long Saloon's Chipotle Raspberry Black Bean Dip. Have you had this dip? OMG. Amazing, right? Of course (of course) I won. I was up against a bunch of Velveeta cheese dips and caramel apple stuff. HAVE YOU HAD THE RASPBERRY BLACK BEAN DIP???? Velveeta ain't gonna cut it.
![]() |
| This is not my photo. |
Teachers are sore losers. Even when our principal was announcing the winners over the intercom, he said something about how it seems a little fishy that I keep winning. Some other comments I got:
"I usually like the food you make but I just didn't feel like you deserved to win this time."
"None of the dips were very good. I should have made one because I would have totally won."
"I think we need a recount."
"This is bull-shit!!!"
Seriously. People are rude. Did anyone consider that I'm the Foods teacher? I know food. If we were having a fractions contest I would expect a math teacher to win. If there was a birdhouse making competition I would expect the shop teacher to win. And if there was a Spanish-speaking contest, I'd expect the Spanish teacher to win*.
If there's food involved, I WILL DOMINATE!
Soooo... ... ... all I'm really trying to say is... go make this dip. Or if you are in Manhappiness, go to So Long Saloon and order this dip. It really is amazing. And better than any dip you'll ever make from a box of processed cheese.
*Unless there was drinking involved. I'm a fantastic Spanish-speaker when I'm drunk. Spanish Power Hour anyone?

3 comments:
I am PISSED about this. And now you need to win EVERY time. Just to piss them of more. Let me know if you ever need help. :)
Fraction contest... haha. You deserved to win, that dip is the best!
|
However you present your hotel brochure, just be sure [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
stay proFessional anF realistic in your Fesign. Remember, all the other hotels in your area are making their own brochure [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
boost aFvertisement oF their establishment. Follow the golFen rule in brochure printing: IF it is harF For your personal reaFers http://www.germanylovelv.com/
grasp what your brochure is about, then Fo not expect it [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
be any succes[url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet/[/url]
Not having this Fata resulteF in severe small business Fisruption[url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url]
Realizing that she woulF lose customers anF her companys high rating to the internet, the presiFent FeciFeF [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]louis vuitton knolckoffs[/url]
turn oFF the website until she coulF FinF suitable new back oFFice soFtware For her company. As a result From the high level oF stress createF by the small business Fisruptions, many oF her staFF members FeciFeF [url=http://www.germanylovelv.com/]Louis Vuitton kopierte Tasche kaufen[/url]
leave the company, increasing her organization Fisruptions..
Post a Comment