Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top 10 Watering Holes

The one you've all been waiting for:  my top 10 list of places to drink a beer.  Note, this does not include places to drink wine.  That is an entirely different list.  Just for kicks, I'm including the type of beer I choose at each place.  I'm no beer aficionado, but I like specific types at specific locals.

  1. The Well: Roof-top.  Is there any place better to enjoy a cold beverage on a hot night?  Give me a Bud Light and I'll stay forever.
  2. Maloney's: Patio.  Day drinking with my lovely friend Katy is tops on my list of to-do's any day.  Maloney's is especially nice on a warm Spring day, hopefully after basketball season is over because they tend to have a bit of a KU following, which totally ruins the mood.  Patio drinking = Blue Moon.
  3. The Blue Moose: Patio/bar/restaurant.  I don't care where you put me.  The Moose is my happy place.  Blue Moon is usually my first choice, but on Thursdays when beer is cheap I like to try new things too.  My most recent fave is Boulevard's Irish Ale. 
  4. La Carreta's.  This is a new-ish Mexican restaurant near my school with insanely cheap Mexican beer specials.  The other teachers hold "meetings" there every Friday.  Who knew teachers were so fun???  Even more fun?  The waitress doesn't even ask me what I want anymore.  She just brings me an ice-cold Modelo Especial when I sit down.  I feel like royalty.  Drunken Royalty.
  5. BRGR.  Whether on the patio, inside the restaurant, or sitting at the bar, there is beer & atmosphere a plenty at BRGR.  Here's another place that makes me crave those Blue Moons.
  6. Porter's.  Oh, Porter's.  Where everybody knows (knew) my name.  I still love to go back to Porter's when we are in Manhattan.  The memories of walking in and having half the bar say hello are still fresh in my mind... even though college was... awhile ago.  This was also the place where Drew & I became acquainted, so it holds a special place in my heart.  Bud Light bottles please!
  7. My deck.  Our tiny deck is the place to be in the summer!  I love hanging out with Drew after a long day (for him, not me.  I don't work in the summer) and catching up over a cold one.  I'll drink whatever random assortment is in the fridge. 
  8. Penn Valley Park: Kick Ball Fields.  When we signed up for kickball last Spring, I did not realize just how much I would enjoy it.  But hanging out with friends, having a few drinks, and enjoying the beautiful weather and a view of downtown KC quickly became one of my favorite pass times!  The drink of choice is Bud Light, but I'll take anything that will fit in a koozie.  I brought Lime-a-rita's once and it didn't go over so well.  They're too small and fall out of the koozie.
  9. BSFS.  Bill Snyder Family Stadium; parking lot.  Friends.  Family.  The EMAW nation.  What more could I ask for?  How about a cold Bud Light in a red Solo cup.  Heaven.
  10. The Pool.  My pool, your pool, any pool.  Let's catch some sun and drink some dranks.  For the summer months you cannot beat a Leinenkugal Summer Variety Pack.  Sunset Wheat's my fave, but I also love a Summer Shandy.
So where's your favorite place to enjoy a cold one? 

Thanks for all the Top 10 Tuesday ideas!  I will definitely be incorporating them in the coming Tuesdays!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I wish it wasn't so dang cold so that we could drink beer on the Maloney's patio!!! Hurry up spring.

Jody said...

I love these "Top 10" posts!

Trophy Wife said...

I'm out on this one. I'm clearly not as cool as you. Let's drink more this spring/summer so I can be cool too, please. :) Love these posts