Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Top 10 Questions Asked by 6th Graders

Oh hi!  Welcome back to Top 10 Tuesdays!  A reminder that I'm in desperate need of top 10 lists to make and share.  Think.  And get back to me.  Seriously.

School started back up last week and with a new semester came brand new classes*.  That's 123 new students, new names to learn, and new faces to remember.  I love them all already.  I can't help it.  They are awesome.

To help me get to know the kids, I always have them fill out a get to know you form on the first day.  The form that my 6th graders fill out has a question that says, "If you could ask your teacher one question, what would it be?"  I always get a kick out of the things they ask and if we ever have a few minutes left at the end of class I'll pull the forms out and answer some questions.  I like to pretend I'm a celebrity.

So here they are, the top 10 questions 6th graders asked, and I answered.

1.  What is your favorite color?
          Purple

2.  What is your favorite movie?
          Mean Girls

3.  What is your favorite food?
          Pizza.

4.  How did you learn to cook?
          I have no idea.  I always liked to cook.  My mom always cooked, and I remember doing some baking growing up.  In high school I made a mean panko breaded tofu.  And in college I cooked a lot of mushrooms.  I guess I just watched a lot of Food Network and transferred that knowledge into the kitchen.  I'm no expert, but please don't tell the 6th graders.

5.  How did you learn to sew?
          I took an apparal construction class as part of my FACS certification process.  I'm so glad I did.  I love to sew and if I had more time patience, I would attempt more.

6.  What do you order at Starbucks?
          Non-fat latte.  Don't give me any of that sweet stuff.

7.  How old are you?
          26.  Or, mind your own damn business.

8.  Why don't you like KU?
          Because I didn't go there.  Why do you like them?

9.  Are you strict?
          I'm working on it.  Being that I didn't go through a traditional teacher program, I missed a lot of the classroom management stuff.  I'm still not sure what is and isn't allowed.  Like, phones are only allowed if you are Instagram-ing the food you made.  Right?

10.  Have you ever been broken up with or broken up with someone?
          I died when I read this.  I have plenty of hilarious boy stories.  Plenty.  I'll share with you the one I shared with them.  In 6th grade, I had a boyfriend for something ridiculous like 3 months.  Everyone agreed that is a long time to have a boyfriend in 6th grade.  I don't know why we broke up, but I remember my friends made fun of me for dating him.  And now he's married to one of my best friends from back then and they have an adorable little boy and I love to say that I dated him first.  Moral of the story; everyone has heartache.  Things usually work out in the end.  And 6th grade can be so dramatic.

And, that's it for this addition of Top 10 Tuesday.  If you'd like to join in the party you can answer these questions too!  Unless you have your own 6th graders asking you even funnier questions.  In that case, use those questions. :)

Happy Tuesday!

*Thank freaking goodness.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Top Ten:
1. KSU memories/moments
2. Boy stories (obv)
3. Races
4. Things Drew says
5. Fav veg meals

Kaitlin said...

Actual question from a third grader: If you could be any Full House character, who would you be?