Is it still January??? This has been the longest month
ever. But before we can close out the month, we must visit a new (to us) Kansas City restaurant. We opted for some spicy Thai food at
The Thai Place.
Drew & I love Thai food. And I've always heard great things about this little place tucked away on 87th Street. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so nice! When we walked in I immediately felt under-dressed. The tiny dining room was full of folks rocking their best. And here we were in our jeans.
We were seated in a huge side room that seemed more casual. It was full of families and couples. We started in on reading the ENORMOUS menu. Seriously, it was overwhelming.
When it came down to it, Drew ordered the Pad Thai... his usual.
 |
| Drew talk Thai. |
 |
| Pad Thai... with shrimp? |
I seriously could not make a decision and went with the waitress's recommendation of Red Curry.
 |
| Curry in a hurry. |
 |
| Love Thai. |
 |
| Oh so spicy. |
To be honest, I don't think I've ever ordered a real curry before. I didn't realize it would be so soup-ish. I wasn't really sure how to eat it.
 |
| Is this what I do? |
The curry was spicier than I'd anticipated and I was chugging water after every bite. I also expected it to be a bit heavier on the veggies. The flavor was great, but I would have killed for a bit more broccoli.
Drew clearly enjoyed his.
 |
| Happy Thai Plate. |
And, just for good measure
we I decided to order dessert. Fried bananas topped with coconut ice cream. Hello!
 |
| Very Nice. |
The dessert was maybe my favorite part! Very very yummy.
 |
| I'm gonna eat you up! |
The meal was good. The atmosphere was great. The service was fine. We had a really good time. However, as we were leaving, we discussed our opinions. Drew said he really liked it. When I asked if it was better than LuLu's he didn't even hesitate with his "no". It really didn't compare.
We really enjoyed our evening! If we get a Thai craving and aren't hyped to drive downtown we will probably return to The Thai Place.
No comments:
Post a Comment