Monday, October 3, 2011

These arms weren't made for TV...

... or mirrors.

We're doing a unit on yeast breads in my 8th grade class.  It's super fun because I get to do things like demonstrate how to make cinnamon rolls.  I get to stand in front of the class at my kitchen and there's this big mirror over me so they can see exactly what I'm doing.

And yes, I do pretend that I'm on my very own Food Network show.  Hmmm... what would I call it??

Anyways... there I am, making dough... and I get to the part where after the dough has risen you get to punch it down.  This is like the highlight of the show.  They're eighth graders.  What with all the hormones, punching stuff should really appeal to them.

So I'm punching the heck out of this bowl of dough when one of my gals says (not quietly), "Mrs. Gibson, your arm is shaking."  Then an eighth grade boy replies (not quietly), "Shhh... that's what happens when you get old."

And that's what's going on in my life.  So much for P90X... and my self-esteem.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sam said...

It was probably just your muscles vibrating:). Oh and I think you could call it "Gibby Style." Seriously, you could have your own brand. Love you!