What do you mean where have I been? Where have you been?
I've been in Miami. Here's the short and sweet version:
We took the early flight on Friday... arrived in Miami... took the scariest cab ride of our lives... and headed out for food. Then I ordered what was by far the best salad of my life... and maybe the highlight of my weekend, thus far.
 |
| Huge Enormous Wonderful Salad |
I know, but really, that salad was so good. There was also pizza and beer... and sunshine... so you know how happy I was.
 |
| Plus I was there with my BF. |
After devouring the best salad ever, we headed down to the beach and ran into a mob of purple.
 |
| The Gibsons have landed. |
This was our first big road game, and we didn't realize that when you travel with the Wildcats you are supposed to wear purple the entire time.
 |
| These folks got it right. |
It was so fun to be in a place like Miami and run into mobs of purple every where we went!
 |
| Forgot our purple. |
 |
| Night time on the beach! |
The next day we threw on some purple and joined the purple wave for drinks and lunch by the pool before the game.
 |
| Go Cats! |
Then I insisted that we needed purple pictures in front of the beach.
 |
| Can we move here? |
And then we were off...
 |
| Purple Wave! |
In retrospect, I've spent quite a few weekends recently drinking on a bus...
 |
| We were the youngest people on the bus. |
About this time I received a text from Kait asking if I'd started a new secret blog and not invited her. I replied that I was far too busy drinking on a bus in Miami to blog... this is true. Then Drew took a really flattering picture of me.
 |
| I am so hot right now. |
Things got crazy and people started walking up and down the aisle doing K-S-U WILDCATS!!!! And it was awesome.
 |
| He's no Willy, but he'll do. |
Miami has seriously crazy weather. It was hot the whole time but it rained every day for like an hour. Thankfully the rain missed the game.
 |
| Bring it Hurricanes! |
 |
| I was impressed by their big helmet and smoke. |
 |
| But I got goosebumps when the cats took the field. |
 |
| Yeah Willy! |
The game started out good...
And we were feeling good at half-time... until I ran into these fools.
 |
| Uncle Mike, how could you? |
I texted a picture to Jess and she asked me to kindly remind Uncle Mike that he's paid a lot of money to K-State to just be walking around in a Miami shirt.
They were visiting Mike's friend from college who used to play football for my dad. Apparently he's never been to a Miami game when they've won.
 |
| Glad you could make it! |
And... it's always good to see my favorite cousin...
 |
| Love you Seaner!!! |
Okay, you know what happened next. The second half was not as comfortable as the first half. Not at all. In fact, our cab driver warned us that the section we were in was known for getting rough, and I guess they actually brought in extra security because the Miami folk were getting a little mouthy. Then we ruined their day.
 |
| Eat it Miami. You ain't going nowhere. |
 |
| Oh yeah, we're number one. |
 |
| Yea!!! |
 |
| Final score. |
 |
| Happy Wildcats. |
 |
| More number 1-ing. |
 |
| The folks are pleased! |
All through the game people kept pointing to a large man on the sidelines and saying it was Mangino. No way.
 |
| Yep. It was him! |
All us happy little Wildcats boarded our bus, make a run to the liqueur store, and drove our happy butts home.
 |
| Thank you Mr. Boyd. |
 |
| I freaking love this bus. |
What a good night!!! We ate cheesecake and crashed after all that excitement. Our flight wasn't until 3:30 on Sunday so we just dinked around Miami near our hotel. First stop: Casino!
 |
| Let's go gambling! |
 |
| The race track. |
Drew was starving and I couldn't convince him to go back for that damn salad I've been dreaming about. He wanted something healthy. So I introduced him to the beauty that is the Whole Foods hot bar.
 |
| Nom Nom Nom. |
And then we went to Pink Berry!!! I don't know why its so much better, but it is. I think maybe its the fact that they add the toppings for you so your raspberries are all smushed and covered in some kids snot and sprinkles.
 |
| I love you pink. |
 |
| Yep, he likes it. |
 |
| I'm so happy! And, I'm wearing purple again. Because we're awesome. |
We high tailed it back to the hotel before a freak thunderstorm hit to grab a cab to the airport. I'm not kidding you friends, it was the most terrifying ride of my life. I thought Drew was going to fling the door open and push me out to save me from the certain kidnapping/act of terror/24 style torture that we knew was coming. Somehow we made it out alive and spent the rest of the day happily at the airport waiting for delayed flights.
Seriously, when is the next away game? Because I'm there. Best weekend ever.
Go Cats!
4 comments:
I SOOOOOO wish we would have gone!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!! And please tell me you ate that whole salad...wow!
FRIEND! I have missed you! I am so jealous you got to go to the Miami game. That party bus looked fierce.
P.S. I will be at the Mizzou game!
I WANT TO GO NEXT TIME!! TAKE ME WITH YOU!
I'm desperate. And will do anything. :)
Mangino? WTF?
Willie is definitely not spelled with a Y.
You're super cute!
What a great game! SO jealous you were there. Saturday in Manhattan against Baylor... it's my first game of the year (i'm normally a better fan than that) - can't wait!!!
Post a Comment