Or... Well I Guess This is Growing Up.
It is always our intent to "do things" as a couple... which really just means that we try not to sit on the couch watching The Soup every Friday night. Usually "doing things" ends up being choosing new shows to watch together.
But not this Friday Night! Last night Drew scored us tickets to the My Chemical Romance/Blink 182 concert. Blink was Drew's first concert back in the day. I'd never been to one of their shows, but have always liked the band.
I was feeling super lazy after school on Friday. I was laying on the couch being a bum and Drew kept shouting at me to get ready. I told him I was just going to wear what I had on. He insisted I change. Here's why:
 |
| Hey Twinners! |
I put on a different shirt so we wouldn't look like complete tools and we headed out for pre-concert pizza and beers. Its been a really long time since we ate pizza. And man, did we eat some pizza!
 |
| Mmmm... beer! |
 |
| We demolished that pizza. |
FYI: Minsky's BBQ Chicken Pizza (1/2 without chicken) is like wonderful. Like really really good.
After that we headed to Sandstone. It took forever to get into the parking lot and we were stuck behind a car full of hooligan teenagers who thought it was hilarious to swerve their car back and forth the entire time they drove. I was super annoyed until we were at a standstill and their door opened and a kid jumped out and headed for the tall grass on the side of the road to pee. He immediately slipped and fell on his ass. Then all of a sudden traffic started moving and his car
left him. We were laughing our butts off. We were still about a mile from Sandstone and we followed the car into the parking lot... so I hope that kid had his ticket with him!
 |
| Concert time! |
We showed up a bit late and had missed Matt & Kim, the opening act. So we just walked around and people watched. I love concert people. Such a bunch of weirdos.
Around 8:00 My Chemical Romance took the stage. I like their music (especially when Glee sings is) but I wouldn't call myself a huge fan. But I was completely surprised at what an amazing show they put on! They had great energy and were
so much fun to watch!!
 |
| That kid on the left danced his ass off the entire show. He was fantastic! |
 |
| Black Parade. |
I was sad when the show ended! They were seriously good! And funny. I attended a number of concerts in my day and I don't remember anyone ever being funny. I liked it.
And then Blink took the stage!!!
 |
| Holla!!! |
I was so pleased that I knew almost every song. I haven't really kept up with them (but I really love Angels & Airwaves!), so I thought I might be out of the loop. But I wasn't.
 |
| He-ey Travis! |
I could watch Travis Barker drum all night long. He is seriously amazing!!! It didn't hurt that he was shirtless.
 |
| Bananas? |
There were so many young kids at the show. Drew pointed out that lots of them probably weren't even born when Blink came out. This made me wonder if we were at an oldies concert or if they only like them ironically. Dang hipsters.
Now, I'm not saying I'm super cool or anything, but back in my day it was considered super-lame to wear the band's t-shirt to the concert. Everyone was wearing Blink shirts! I swear I felt like the only Blink virgin at the show!
 |
| These guys didn't get the memo. |
I also forgot how much pot-smoking goes on at these things! The girl next to me said something about smoking and kept asking about Drew or I being smokers. It wasn't until after the concert (when Drew pointed it out) that I realized she was asking about smoking pot! I am definitely not cool enough for rock and roll.
 |
| Are you a pot-head, focker? |
Such a fun night! And so much better than just sitting on the couch watching TV. Now, don't get me wrong... I'll be on the couch for the rest of the weekend recovering. That was a lot of work!
5 comments:
Luckily Brady never realizes we're twins until after we leave the house, ha! So glad you treated yourselves to pizza and beer!!
Fun!!!
Fun!!!
Ha! I am glad Drew and you had a blast! And for the record, you're right in that you can't wear the t-shirt of the band you are seeing...lame!
Hi Jamie,
Loved your fun post about date night. Giggle!
You CAN wear the band's t-shirt, buy ONLY if it is a previous tour shirt, like "I saw Blink way back in '02 ." otherwise, you are dead right- concert newbies jus' don't know better!
I bet Chemical Romance was good! But, you missed Matt and Kim? That's who all the hipsters were there for. And for Blink. They are still cool.
: ). fun post!
Geri
Post a Comment