My goodness I've been busy this week! Vacation has been filled with productivity. I'm checking things off
my list left and right. It must be because of my super multi-tasking skills.
I kicked off the week by inventing* the most super refreshing drink ever. And then drinking a lot of it. I'm sorry, but it is hot. And this drink is cold. Drink it and you will not be sorry.
 |
| Ingredients. |
 |
| So cold. So good. |
Recipe: Fill a glass with ice. Pour in a shot of coconut rum. Fill to the top with sparkling water. Add some mint leaves and a squeeze of lime juice. Drink up while you spend quality time with your dog. See? Multi-tasking is easy!
A piece of advice: maybe stop after one. They are delicious. And if you are like me, you will want a second. After I made my second, I felt really let down because it wasn't as delicious as the first. It was way too limey and not enough coconutty. But I still drank it. When I went back in the kitchen, I saw that the shot glass was still full of coconut rum. Oops. I guess that second one was a virgin. The third one? Was not.
 |
| Mom-Dog Quality Time. Or... My dog thinks I'm an idiot. |
Regardless of all this busyness, it is still really important to me to work out and be healthy. So while I was checking off #1 on my list of wearing an 80's dress on a bus, I made sure to take some time out to get in a few pull ups. I'm responsible like that.
I arrived home just in time for an impromtu/totally planned fashion show with Brooke. We maybe got a bit ahead of ourselves and decided Christmas should take place in July this year because of the Nordstrom annual sale. We showed off our new boots
Awkward Family Photo style.
 |
| The happy couple. |
Come to think of it, that photo might just end up on our Christmas card this year... if I get around to sending out Christmas cards.
Next up: wedding registry! Jess was in town and without a fiance to register with. Jamie to the rescue! There were a few times I had to assure the sales people that I was a bridesmaid and not the fiance**. But man, I forgot how much fun registering is! And I was pleased as punch to share my registry wisdom with Jess.
 |
| The bride! |
 |
| Registering is fun! |
After a busy morning of knife comparisons, important decisions about bath towels vs bath sheets, and deep conversations about the wonder that is the hand-held steamer, we headed to the Plaza for some lunching.
 |
| Nicole is preggers with Baby #2. Is there anyone cuter? No. There is not. |
We also picked out a wedding band for Jess, got
Pretty Womaned at the Coach store, and found the most perfect dress for her engagement pics. What a fun day! The only way I could have been more productive is if we'd had wine. But... we made up for that later.
 |
| Confession. |
Something that wasn't on the list: educational visits to the Home Depot. I went house shopping (not for me!), found a house I loved, and decided I need to
redecorate. And, since Drew wasn't around, it was up to me to do the manly things... or just to make a mess and wait for him to clean it up.
Katy joined me because she needed to pick up an edger. Or so she thought. We flagged down this super helpful Home Depot worker who explained the differences between edgers, trimmers, and hedgers until our eyes went crossed. Turns out Katy needs a trimmer. Turns out there are lots of different trimmers... electric, gas, battery powered... lots. More than two dumb blondes could comprehend. This guy hated us.
 |
| Wait, tell me about the edgers again. |
I got nervous because I don't trust Katy with anything that has a blade on it. We've had... ahem... incidents. But in the end, she ended up taking this guy home.
 |
| Home owner extraordinaire! |
I ended up taking home three different paint colors to try out on the walls. One of them is called "Squirrel". I want to pick that one, just for the name. Did I mention that I didn't run any of this by Drew?
 |
| Needed: Impulse Control. |
And then I... hung up my new curtains and threw some paint on the walls. I will be taking bets on how long my wall looks like this.
 |
| Drew is gonna kill me. |
Let's see, what's next? I'll be doing some baking later today. I'm reading non-school related books.
The Help: Just as good as everyone says! Possibly better. And tomorrow I plan on drinking a non-Party-Pack Bud Light Lime on a boat. And I'm going to like it.
Cheers to the beauty of multi-tasking!
*Mojito? Never heard of it.
**What a great looking couple we'd be!
4 comments:
That same fellow helped me with grouting tips at Home Depot. I know nothing about grouting. He figured that out fast. My bet is that he's going to start running the other directions the next time he sees a blonde!! :)
I'm making that drink this weekend. Yum!
Can we have your nonmojito at "glee" this week? Can we have "glee this week? How come you didn't include all of the photos of you on the pole? Lauren had a LOT more photos of you on the pole than anyone else. Just saying...
I miss you friend!
1. I am trying that cocktail this weekend. 2. That picture of Brooke and you is hysterical 3. Katy - be careful with that trimmer! 4. I wish I could be reading The Help with you while sipping a beer at the lake!
Have a great weekend!
I love boots!
Post a Comment