Well, I survived my first week of student teaching. And I must say: I loved every single second of it... even the lesson I gave that turned out to be the biggest disaster ever. And I am exhausted. But I can't wait to go back next week!
After school on Friday I immediately headed for Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies to try out a fun activity that I got the okay to do with my sewing class. It involves fire. I haven't told them about my record with fires... so let's keep that to ourselves, okay?
 |
| Playing with fire; Please note the tri-colored walls. Yeah, they're still there. |
Here's a fun FACS factoid for you: Natural fibers burn when exposed to fire, but synthetic fibers melt.
 |
| I just love when my Tiffany's candlesticks prove both pretty and practical. Grandma would be so proud. |
Sometimes when I'm exposed to really crafty and creative people (like other FACS teachers) I start to think that I am both crafty and creative. I am not. But this project didn't turn out too bad!
 |
| Lollipop Flower! |
 |
| Look what I did!!! |
Okay, it turned out a bit large*, but at least I didn't burn the house down! Now, let's hope the school is still standing after I do this with my class of seventh graders. :)
*Drew referenced an 80's prom dress when I showed him, which got me thinking that maybe Debbie could use some spicing up.
3 comments:
So proud of you!! I admit that I was thinking of Debbie when I first saw it, but I LOVE it on your shirt!! You are both creative and crafty!! Have fun this week!
PS - Your face looks supa skinny! Must be that P90x.
and yes, I know starting my comment with PS makes it seem like there might have been another comment but there wasn't. Just...ps.
Hope it all went well! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)
Post a Comment