Typically when I'm seeking clarity or words of wisdom, I seek it out in the form of yoga. After lying awake for hours with a racing mind, I decided to do something productive and got up to go to Spinning this morning, not really expecting anything more than the possibility of an endorphin rush... or at least heavy enough breathing to drown out my thoughts for an hour. What I got was better.
Our instructor said she'd found this quote and found it inspiring, so she wrote it down to share with us:
"Strength is the product of struggle."
As much as I know that she was speaking of strength in the form of exercise, the bike in particular, I felt a powerful connection to those words this morning. I think they can translate into any facet of our lives, be it our career, our relationship with God, our family, or our marriage.
I think we often avoid the struggle, because no one likes to endure pain. And as a result, we experience no growth. We miss out on the process by walking away when things get tough. In the end, we feel no pain, but we never reach our potential. We're never as good as we could be.
So, for better or worse, I'm going to keep on going. I don't know God's plan, but I know that I won't give up. I hope you keep fighting too.
3 comments:
You're so wise. Love you.
Love this post. Love you!
Love this post, love you!
Post a Comment