Drew took the week off from work so this morning we went on a little breakfast date... before all of the tornado nonsense. Succotash is just off of Crown Center and definitely has an alternative flair. Drew was uber-impressed with their wall art.
I hadn't been to Succotash since it was located in the River Market... which was awhile ago! But I remember it being good. You could smell the bacon from like a block away. Not that I'm into that kind of thing...
Drew ordered the Kitchen Sink which I can't find on their online menu. But it looked like it had just about everything in there you could think of... covered with gravy.
| Everything but the... |
| ELT. |
I'm pretty sure that was Romaine, and instead of pesto mayo they used regular mayo and added basil leaves. But those things didn't really matter. This sandwich was off the charts good. Egg sandwiches are one of my true loves, and Succotash did theirs right. The mountain of potatoes on the side didn't hurt either.
Yes, the food was wonderful. But more importantly? The coffee was super. I took down two big cups before declaring my love. Drew disagreed. He said it was weak. Go figure. We never agree on anything. So I drank his cup of coffee. Hater.
If you're looking for a fun place to eat your morning meal (or brunch!) with awesome coffee and only slightly offensive wall art, check out Succotash. It receives the Gibson Seal of Approval!
In other news... what's going on with the speed limits in Roeland Park??? Is this for real?
| Fail. |
Happy Wednesday! Hope you don't get pulled over for going 35 mph!!!

2 comments:
I'm dying! Is that sign for real? I could see it in Missouri...maybe?
The first time I noticed those signs I'd had a glass of wine an hour or so prior and really questioned if they were for real. The next day, lo and behold, yup. I live in a weird town.
Post a Comment