Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cheerio!

This weekend we headed back to Ta-Town to say some goodbyes.  The BFF is moving to... England?!  Yes, England.  For like 5 years.  I am heartbroken so excited for her!


In all actuality, the move probably won't affect me much.  I don't really see Sam a whole lot.  We only live 3 hours away from each other, but life kind of has a way of making that 3 hour drive seem a little impossible at times. 

I was just worried about the phone bill for making calls to England.  No really.  I talk to Sam pretty much every day.  Sometimes multiple times a day.  Sometimes those phone calls are what get me through a rough day.  And sometimes they are just calls to share hilarious/embarrassing stories.  And sometimes I just call with a shoe problem.  Regardless, my day is not complete without a chat... or at the very least a voicemail from Parker singing Justin Bieber.

So you can imagine how I felt when Drew told me I had to get a new BFF because there's no way I'm calling England every day!  Sam to the rescue.  I don't know what kind of plan they're on, but she swears it will be just like making local phone calls.  Thank heavens! 

Connie's cookies!
Sam's mom threw a little going away party for the Alexanders' at Spirits in Valley Center, complete with beer, cake, and cookies shaped like... England?

I'm gonna miss that face.
Meg didn't want to take a picture with me because she said I'd put it all over the internet.  Yep.  You were right!!!

Love ya Megan!
The party ended as the band got ready to play.  We had to stick around for a few songs from Lady and the Tramps

That's Lady.
This picture is so so so blurry, but this was the best mullet I've ever seen in my entire life!

Party in the back.
And... this gal danced to every song.  She was the only one on the dance floor, but she was really working it.  I couldn't tell if she was actually with the band, or just a Spirits regular.

Work it girl!
It was a really good party to say goodbye.  Except... it turns out they bumped back their moving date and the family won't be moving until the end of June. :)

I know it sucks for them because they are so ready to start their new life, but I'm selfish.  And this means I can see them more.  Now I just need to start planning my trip to England.

I love you Sam, Brady, and Parker!!!!

***Bonus Picture***

We always take the puppies to Wichita with us, because they love terrorizing visiting their grandparents.  On the way home, I swear they were posing for senior pictures.  Unfortunately we were driving and I didn't have a good shot.  So their heads are kinda chopped off.

Butts together.
Or maybe they were just in a fight and not speaking to each other? 

3 comments:

Lauren Grier said...

Sam we will miss you!!!!! I seriously want to come visit!

That mullet is awesome! Is it me or does it not look like that ladies boobs are going to burst out of her dress? She must like to party.

Jessi said...

I enjoy your funny puppy pictures.

Sam said...

Love you Jamie!! Can you tell I am missing talking to you much? I am going back and reading all of your posts that I missed! Oh, and the cookies are supposed to be powercats...Connie's cookies kind of missed the mark.