Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rainy Days in the Sunshine State

Drew is in Orlando for two weeks for work and he was given the choice to either fly home for the weekend or his company would fly me there. I never say no to a free flight to somewhere sunny, so on Thursday evening I met Drew in Orlando. I planned on spending Friday at the pool, soaking up some much needed sun. But I guess I chose the rainiest weekend in the history of Florida to visit: think Home Alone 2.

So instead, I went running in the rain on Friday morning and arrived back at the hotel 4 hours later after getting stuck at a Dunkin Donuts after it started pouring. I guess if you are going to get stuck somewhere, there's no better place!

When Drew got off work we headed out for a night on the town. We started with dinner at the Mellow Mushroom: Orlando is like the blogging capital of the world; at least in my mind. There are a few blogs that I read every now and then of gals about my age who live in Orlando and I've seen the Mellow Mushroom featured quite a few times so I totally geeked out when we drove past it and insisted we eat there.
It totally reminded me of the pizza version of the Salty Iguana:
Mmm... beers:
Mmm... pizza:
The booth behind us had like a million screaming kids and this little guy in particular kept driving his toy cars behind Drew's head. So naturally I took his picture:
We couldn't decide on a pizza to share so we got two. That's one too many, but it was SO good.
Okay, so what do two hip (yeah right) twenty somethings do in a fun town while on vacation? Well, you could go to a club... or a bar... or if you are super rad like us you could go bowling:
Anyone hear about the guy who celebrated turning 80 by bowling 80 games? He did it here at the Boardwalk Bowl! Wow. Exciting stuff!

Bowling is always a good choice because you get to wear super cool shoes that like a million other people have worn before you: And drink beer: Sweet moves Drew:

Strike:

Can you read that? It says, "World's Worst Bowlers":Next up, mini-golf:
Could we be any cooler??? This is a classy joint, as evidenced by: Crescent moon! It's always lucky to spot a crescent moon... especially if someone is using it as a weapon:
Drew, showing off his mad golfing skills: After golf we moved on to the Arcade. Drew showed off his super buff-manliness: And this guy showed off his man-boobs: I'm just as tough:
Shooting some hoops: Ski Ball!!!
After all our hard work in the arcade we'd racked up 43 tickets. Virtual tickets actually; everything is on a little credit card type card and you don't use tokens or get tickets. It took us old-timers a bit to figure this out.

Know what 43 tickets gets you? A tiny tootsie roll: And a super awesome friendship bracelet: Wow. After all that exciting action you'd think we'd probably just head back to the hotel and go straight to bed. Not this couple. We headed straight to Baskin Robins AKA the other half of the Dunkin Donuts I got stuck at earlier today. I dropped mine on the floor while trying to pay (can you believe Drew made me pay for my own ice cream?) and the nice gentleman store worker gave me a new scoop. Just lovely!
Okay, so I know the tone of this post has been a little sarcastic (Me? No!), but this was seriously one of the most fun nights ever. I have so much fun with Drew. He is fun. Fun like there is no one else I'd rather hang out with. And yes, this is pretty much what any vacation of ours looks like. We're supa-cool.

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

good call on giving drew a few beers along the night. he seems very happy to pose for all of your blog pics. the tootsie roll might be my favorite one! seriously, you did all of my favorite things in one night. pizza, bowling, mini golf, and ice cream.

Trophy Wife said...

I agree, great tootsie roll picture. and you two are supa cool!

The McGuire's said...

You two are too cute!