Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hilton head

We recently traveled to Hilton Head, South Carolina to attend our friend Blake's wedding.  It was my first time and I was super impressed!  We had a very nice little weekend get-away.  Here's what our trip looked like, in 10 pictures of course.

1.  Hilton Head Diner.

We arrived at 1AM on Friday so we slept in crazy-late and then headed out for some island breakfast.  I love lazy mornings!

Coffee!

2.  The beach!

Our hotel was right on the beach.  This meant lots of time in the sun!

Beach!
3.  Beach Shenanigans.

We met up with Blake and his family who had been staying there all week.  How fun is that?  We decided Hilton Head needed a little Wildcat spirit.

K-S-U!  Wildcats!
4.  Ocean.

I got in it.  I'm a dork.
Hello, Atlantic.
5.  Rehearsal.

Blake, Steph, and their families were staying in a huge beach house right off the water.  The backyard was on a canal and this is where they held the rehearsal dinner and the reception.
Backyard Banquet.
6.  Dress.

Steph's rehearsal dress rocked.  She looked amazing.  I was obsessed.

Obsessed.
7.  Run.

I had to run 20 miles on Saturday morning.  I found a trail that went around the island.  Unfortunately it didn't have any water or bathrooms near it.  And then it turned into this.

Lovely Trail Huge death-hill on the side of the highway.
8.  More Beach.

I love Drew.  And the ocean.  And the little old ladies who took our picture.

Love!
9.  Limo.

We got to ride in the limo to the reception with the newly weds.  Yea!
Love. :)
10.  Dancing.

We returned to the Beach House for dinner and dancing.  I have to say, this was one of the nicest receptions I've ever been to.  They really did it right! 

First dance!
We had such a nice time and we're so happy for the newly weds!

Oh, you noticed there weren't any pictures from the ceremony?  Well, aren't you observant.  That's a story for another time.  And not one that needs to be put in writing.

1 comment:

Trophy Wife said...

Well now I want the story! :) And the no beer/sweet and running a lot thing is working for you! You are H-O-T!