I love and adore when anyone posts lists on Facebook. When I get on FB I usually just mindlessly scroll through all of the baby pics, political posts, and Nordstrom ads*. But when I see a list, I always have to stop and click on it! I mean, unless its a political list. Snoozeville.
I was totally stoked to see a list of the 25 things that get harder after 25 because there is almost nothing I love more than to bitch about getting older.
Here are my faves, but please feel free to head over to Buzz Feed and read the whole list.
1. Staying up past 11.
And that's on the weekends! You know I can barely make it to 9:00 on a school night.
2. Leaving the house when there's a Top Chef marathon on.
For me it's Chopped. I spend most Tuesday and Thursday nights transfixed. That show never gets old!
3. Recognizing your Facebook friends, because they've all gotten married and changed their last names.
Or... you never really knew them in the first place. I keep thinking I should go through my friend list and edit based on whether or not I have any idea who you are. But I'm far too busy watching Chopped.
4. Rallying after Day Drinking.
Yeah, there's no way in Hell I'm going out after day drinking. Does anyone want to go day drinking with me?
5. Experimenting with trends.
Jana and I are contemplating camo skinny jeans. This feels somewhat wrong. But I still really want them!
6. Eating whatever you want and not gaining weight.
I never noticed this until I turned 30. Now I have a chocolate shake and my ass shakes for a week.
7. Recovering from a night out.
I had 2 drinks on Saturday night at a wedding and spent Sunday on the couch. Suck-fest.
8. Living on pizza and Red Bull and not feeling disgusting.
I actually love that I can tell the difference in my body's response to junk. The fact that I feel a million times better when I eat better keeps me from reaching for Cheetos and ice cream more than I already do.
9. Shopping at American Eagle.
Where do the 30 year-olds shop? Even walking into American Eagle (or Forever 21) to look at flip flops or jewelry makes me feel like a fat old cat lady.
10. Watching MTV.
I had to DVR a rerun of the VMA's after all the Miley talk and I was seriously confused most of the time. I was not confused when Justin Timberlake performed. I liked that mucho mucho. I could have done with more NSYNC though.
Okay! That's it! Back to being old! I'm going to go eat a salad, watch some Chopped, and go to bed.
What do you miss most about being a young 20-something???
*Damn you Nordstrom ads! You are so convincing!
2 comments:
So. Many. Comments:
3: The best day of my life was when I quit facebook. Second was when I returned by dropped EVERYONE I can't stand.
4. I LOVE day drinking. Let's do it.
5. If you wear cargo anything I'm going to respond with things like, "Jamie! I can't see your legs! What happened to your legs?!"
10. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/what-miley-cyrus-was-trying-to-do-at-the-vmas-vs-what-miley
Um, totally voting for the camo skinny jeans to come to life!
Post a Comment