Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Supper Club; Italian Style

Whoa whoa whoa!  Didn't I just do the July Supper Club post?!? 

You know it.  We crammed two supper club excursions into one month.  I'm kind of trying to cram an entire year of socializing (and blogging) into the month of July.  Because summer ends this week people!  And then it's back to crazy-Jamie with no life and nothing to blog about. 

Back to Supper Club.  For our second outing of the month we headed to Accurso's Italian Restaurant located at 50th & Main, right off the Plaza. 

We ♥ Supper Club!
We were joined by some Supper Club first-timers; Brooke & Brad.  It seems like our schedules never really match up and it's hard to schedule a dinner together... but I actually think that Brad was just scared to come to Supper Club because he thought I'd make him eat octopus.

Brad & Brooke... and no octopus.
Although there was a seafood pasta special that night which included octopus, I did not even encourage anyone to try it.  I'm not a pusher!  Well, except when it comes to alcohol I guess.  But if you come to Supper Club, you can order whatever you want!  I swear!

Even though there were lots of vegetarian options, I opted for my standard Italian restaurant choice: Eggplant Parmesan.

Eggplant Parm.
In case you've never heard, eggplant parm is like the least healthy thing you can order at an Italian restaurant because it's fried and smothered in cheese.  And it's delicious.  Accurso's eggplant parm was right up there with the best eggplant parm I've ever had.  It was lightly fried and crispy, not soggy.  The pasta was on the side, which I liked, because I wasn't interested in that. 

Drew ordered his standard of Chicken Parmesan.  And he said he liked it.  It's hard to get more description from him.

Yes, it is good.
Brad & Brooke both enjoyed their pasta as well, although Brad was a little bit dissappointed because he thought his was going to be spicy.  And it wasn't.  But there wasn't any octopus in their either.  So that was nice.

Brad stumped the bartender when he ordered a Moscow Mule.  But they figured it out and brought him an acceptable drink.  It was served in the wrong glass, but we aren't picky when it comes to booze.

Mule: Looks refreshing!
One of the best parts of Accurso's is that it is right next door to Glace, my most favorite ice cream spot in all of Kansas City.  We skipped dessert at Accurso's and opted for ice cream instead.  Delish!

I think we all agreed that the Accurso's experience was good.  The food was good, the atmosphere was good, the service was good.  They had a lovely patio with live music, but it was far too hot to think about that.  I don't know that it was the best restaurant ever, but I would definitely recommend it!  We had a lot of fun!

What's your favorite spot for Italian in KC?

You probably won't see anymore two-fers for Supper Club, but I'm determined to continue our year of trying new restaurants, even after the school-year consumes me.  We're already tossing around restaurant ideas for August, so give us a shout if you want to join us!  I promise I won't make you eat octopus!

No comments: