But we're back on track for June*!!! We were in Wichita over our anniversary {5 years!} so we waited until we were back in KC to celebrate with dinner out at a new restaurant.
This month's destination, and our choice for celebrating 5 happy years together, was Extra Virgin. Every time we're downtown and we drive past, I think it just looks so lovely and I say I want to try it. But then I end up forgetting about it. Back in May, there were on Groupon, so I snatched that bad boy up!
Are you thinking that it's sad that we used a Groupon on our anniversary?
Whatevs. That's how we roll.
We had reservations at 8:00 so we decided to stop at the Plaza first for drinks. Apparently we are totally not with it because we thought we could just walk in and sit down and have a drink anywhere on the Plaza on a Friday night. Turns out we were wrong and they were packed and we could not get a drink.
So we did the next best thing and drove to the Boulevard and had beers and chips & queso at Manny's.
Are you thinking it's sad that we went to Manny's for our anniversary?
![]() |
| Whatevs. That's how we roll. |
Extra Virgin is super cute and ecclectic inside. They serve tapas-style dishes and have an amazing bar. Unfortunately, I don't think they serve Bud Light. So that's a check in the negative category for Mr. Gibson. They do have fantastic wine. Check in the positive category for Mrs. Gibson.
The menu is cray. There are things like Roasted Marrow Bones, Duck Tongue Tacos, Shaved Cured Tuna Heart, and Grilled Beef Tongue. And that's just on the appetizer menu!!!
Drew was feeling adventurous and opted for the Octopus with Gigante Beans. It was octopus legs served in a broth over gigantic beans. Gigante beans are literally gigantic beans. Hilarious name.
![]() |
| Leggy. |
![]() |
| Maters. |
![]() |
| Mmmm.... meatballs. |
Meanwhile I devoured this crock of Poblano Mac & Cheese. You can't really go wrong with mac & cheese, but this was over the top. Cheesy & smokey. Delicious.
![]() |
| Yumm-o! |
When I asked Drew for his thoughts, he said he likes it, but likes La Bodega better. But he'd totally like to go back for the duck tongue tacos.
We would also love to go back and sit on the patio. They originally sat us on the patio, but the sun was beating down hard and we could not stand the heat. Wienies.
So there you have it. Extra Virgin gets the Gibson Supper Club Seal of Approval. Hooray!
*Yes, I know it's July. I didn't say I was back on track with timely blogging.





1 comment:
5 years!! Yay!! I love the way you guys roll:)!! Oh, and I am craving mac and cheese after seeing this!
Post a Comment