Friday, April 20, 2012

Volunteer

Life in FACsy world has been fantastic lately.  We're in the middle of a meat unit.  It is definitely more popular with the kids than veggies, but I'm less enthusiastic as you might have guessed.  Browning meat is messy.  All that grease you have to drain?  That's enough to make me go vegetarian.  Oh wait...

Yesterday the kids were making White Castle Sliders.  The recipe isn't really from White Castle.  But I like to jazz up the names to make them sound more exciting.  Plus it brings out some great Harold & Kumar quotes.

The kids are grouped by 4 in each kitchen.  Yesterday I had 2 kids missing from one of the kitchen groups, which makes slider-making tricky.  I announced that I needed one person from a kitchen of 4 to join these 2 loners.

Immediately, without hesitation, a girl stood straight up, hand in the air, and shouted, "I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!!!"

I died.  Just died laughing.  Have I mentioned how much I freaking love these kids?  It's a lot. 

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hilarious!! Life as a teacher...seriously never a dull moment I bet.

Katy said...

Hahaha! That is fantastic.