Monday, January 9, 2012

Wise Words

While sitting in a circle on the floor, playing a game to practice our communication skills, I gestured to a messy shelf of text books and pile of unpacked boxes along the wall and said something about my disaster of a room.  A sixth grade boy's response just made my day.

"Tornadoes are disasters, Mrs. Gibson.  That's just life."

It's only day 3 of 6th Grade Leadership and already these kids have astonished me with their wisdom.

Did I mention I got a job?  Yep.  I'm official.  They're even paying me.  To get a job in the middle of the year is unheard of.  To get the job I thought I could only hope for, in the middle of the year, is downright crazy.  I am beyond blessed.  I am so grateful.  And I am so excited!  Life is good.

Scratch that... life is amazing.

Unfortunately, this probably means that the blog drought will continue indefinitely.  Wait.  Not indefinitely.  I'm a teacher.  I'll be back to regular blogging in June while the rest of you suckers are still at work.

Until then, I'll be busy grocery shopping for 60, learning from the wise words of 6th graders, and desperately trying not to burn down the kitchen.  Can you believe someone would give me 7 stoves?

4 comments:

Sam said...

I just love you!! Your students are so blessed to have you!

Lauren Grier said...

Yay! Congrats friend! I am so proud of you!

nicky said...

Congrats Jamie! How awesome are you, Mrs. Gibson? Love and miss you! I hope to see you soon!

Jody said...

Congrats on your new job! I'll miss all the blog posts, but wish you good luck!